Since 2002, when Veolia entered the energy market in Africa, we are developing solutions to address one of biggest issues of the continent: namely the lack of energy resources to meet the needs of 600 million people. By 2040, the demand will be four time more important than in 2010.
As a leading global resource management provider, we bring new models based on performance and optimization of the energy efficiency in a move which makes business sense for customers.
Within our energy activities in Africa, we...
- ...have generated EUR 651 million in 2014 value from electricity services set up to support our clients to increase their efficiency and reduce their environmental impact;
- ...got access to new markets, especially in Guinea Conakry with the signature of a performance contract in June 2015;
- ...contributed to the modernization of the industry with new contractual schemes adapted to the African market (ie. Performance contract, AssetCo/Opco model, etc.);
- ...accelerated the transfer of competences thanks to the management of 4,5000 people dedicated to the electricity sector in particular in Gabon and Morocco;
- ...reinforced the efficiency of installations that we manage thanks to our “glocal” expertise as operator in the electricity generation transmission and distribution;
- ...gave access to energy to more than 1,300,000 people in Africa in 2014.