Sustainability in Action
Veolia provides essential services to industry, government and communities across Australia and New Zealand. Our approach to sustainability is central to our business. We focus on fostering and supporting sustainable outcomes not only for the company but for our clients and the local communities in which we operate and live.
We aim to:
- Provide a range of sustainable resource based solutions to optimise environmental, social and economic efficiency
- Reduce the company's environmental impacts through efficiency, research and innovation
- Contribute to the communities where Veolia operates by providing services and solutions which meet evolving community needs
We continually monitor our operations to ensure high levels of demonstrated leadership are implemented via sustainable business practices which improve the value and efficiencies we can provide for our clients.
Value Today. Value Tomorrow. Veolia Australia and New Zealand aims to optimise environmental, economic and social efficiency by plugging in our resource-based solutions to offer our clients and the community sustainable outcomes.
Sustainable outcomes for immediate and long-term challenges
We are focused on delivering economic, environmental and social benefits across Australia and New Zealand as we face immediate and long-term challenges. The move to a low carbon economy, continued scarcity of natural resources, the tightening of manufacturing markets, and growing global economic uncertainty are some of the most historical and challenging influences this generation will face. These challenges must also be met at a time of burgeoning population growth within parts of Australia and New Zealand.
As a partner to some of Australia and New Zealand's most prolific commercial and industrial entities, as well as government, we are excited to play a major part in providing sustainable solutions to these challenges.
Demonstrating Our Commitment
At Veolia we aim to always:
- Go beyond compliance in health, safety, environment and quality by continually improving our performance
- Minimise risk to human health and the environment by taking all reasonable steps to eliminate injury and illness to employees, subcontractors, visitors and members of the community who may be affected by the operations of our facilities and services, and to prevent pollution of air, water or land
- Reduce our carbon footprint by pursuing opportunities to reduce, reuse and recycle waste, and actively pursuing opportunities to increase energy efficiency in our operations
- Contribute to the communities where we operate through engaging with our stakeholders and supporting a range of community and social initiatives
- Form alliances with government, policy makers, regulators, advocacy groups and industry associations to support the development of public policy which encourages better safety, health, environment and quality outcomes
- Grow employee and subcontractor awareness through consultation and education to ensure they can actively participate in initiatives to meet our safety, health, environment, quality and sustainability targets and objectives
- Set measureable targets and objectives to improve health, safety, environmental and quality performance