"Urbanization is inevitable… (it is) a positive for to be harnessed in support of social equality, economic prosperity and ecological security… Urbanization poses tremendous opportunities for a shared, sustainable future.” - Manifesto for Cities. UN Habitat 2012
What is a Sustainable city?
Sustainable development is an essential part of our business. We believe we can make a substantial contribution to the environmental, social and economic challenges of our time while protecting, supporting and enhancing the human and natural resources that will be needed in the future.
SI&M drivers for sustainable cities
Veolia develops creative solutions to boost the efficiency and sustainability of city services and flows to improve urban infrastructure.
Each of these areas provides the potential for joint initiatives to reduce reliance on natural resources whilst moving towards smarter mor integrated water, waste and energy management.
This research and drive to develop creative technological solutions must go hand in hand with underlying efforts to change the behavior of end users. These efforts are a vital part of the campaign to shape a new urban structure that is not only more effective, but is also more in tune with the environment.
Solutions Veolia can provide
- Providing smart services & information for end users
- Incentive pricing & billing schemes
- Recycling waste in agriculture: returning organic matter to the soil
- Water treatment plant
- Wastewater recycling
- Turning waste to energy
- Recycling wastewater to produce energy
- Maintaining sewage systems
- Developing access to water services in emerging countries
- Smart grid management
- Centralized management of heating networks
- Thermal storage in heating networks
- Monitoring drinking water quality in real time
- Digital reporting and educational platforms