Number of results: 274
Number of results: 274
The Veolia Environnement Foundation mobilizes with partners to supply potable water to Philippines typhoon victims
- After a natural disaster such as that in the Philippines, it is vital to provide people in stricken areas with access to basic services. Emergency humanitarian aid focuses on health, water and sanitation to avoid epidemics. Supplying potable water is a priority, which is why the Veolia Environnement Foundation is mobilizing alongside its partners.
- EDF and Veolia Environnement have entered into advanced discussions for the conclusion of an agreement on their joint subsidiary Dalkia, one of the world's leading provider of energy services. The Boards of Directors of EDF and Veolia Environnement have met and approved the continuation of these negotiations.
- Veolia Environnement has been informed of the decision of the President of the Executive Council of Corsica, Paul Giacobbi, to recover an amount of approximately €200 million from SNCM and seek, if necessary, the responsibility of Veolia Environnement in this regard. Veolia Environnement strongly disputes any claim that may be made against the company and confirms that it has no commitment to the SNCM in this context.
- Dalkia and Schneider Electric have announced the signature of a strategic agreement to develop the energy efficiency market in China. The agreement covers the pooling of the two companies' respective expertise and know-how in building energy performance. It comes in the wake of the momentum created by the Chinese government's decision to set targets for resource savings and environmental protection.
- The heat storage project presented by Dalkia and the city of Borås in Sweden has been selected, as the winner of the "Best energy solution," among the 10 finalists for the Sustainia Award 2013. The list of finalists was announced yesterday in New York on the occasion of the UN Global Compact Leaders Summit.
- An exceptional set of water quality surveillance and security measures were deployed in Nice for the Jeux de la Francophonie (Francophone Games) held from September 7 to 15. For the first time, the system put in place by Veolia for the water supply networks integrated the operational capacities of the RAID counter-terrorism unit and of the DCI-IT, which is specialized in tackling NRBC-type threats (Nuclear, Radiological, Biological, Chemical). This unique expertise was on hand to counter any possible terrorist attacks.
- Veolia Environnement announces the signature of an agreement with the Federal State of Berlin authorities to sell its 24.95% stake in Berlinwasser for €590 million, supplemented by €12 million for miscellaneous items and the share of dividends and interests due in respect of financial year 2013. This divestment would be a direct contribution to the Group's 2-year €6 billion asset divestment program, now almost achieved.
Dalkia, the first energy services company in France to receive ISO 50001 energy management certification on a nationwide perimeter
- Dalkia has confirmed its position as leader in energy efficiency by becoming the first energy services company in France to receive ISO 50001 certification for energy management. The award of this international standard, which concerns energy management contracts and covers more than 27,000 installations managed by Dalkia in France, follows in the wake of the launch of the Dalkia Energy Savings Center, the first integrated energy efficiency management Platform.
- As part of the transformation of Veolia Environnement, Antoine Frérot, Chairman and CEO, today announced the company's new organization. The transformation is based on two major advances: a country-based organization for the water and waste management activities placed under the authority of a single director per country and the creation of two new functional departments: one dedicated to Innovation and Markets, the other to Technique and Performance.
Saudi Arabia - Veolia Water to build desalination plant at Sadara Petrochemical Complex in Jubail City
- Marafiq, Saudi Arabia's leading water and electricity services operator, has contracted Veolia Water to design, build and operate the largest ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis desalination plant in Saudi Arabia. With this contract, Veolia Water will generate $310 million (€232 million) in revenue for the plant's design and construction, and $92 million (€69 million) in revenue for its operation for 10 years, with an option to extend the contract for a further 20 years.
- Limagrain and Dalkia today inaugurated Europe's first steam generator to be fueled by corncobs. The contract awarded to Dalkia includes the design-build and 10-year operation of a 3.5 metric ton per hour biomass heating plant, the main fuel for which is corncobs. The cobs are residue from the primary processing of corn grown on the Limagne plains by the members of the Limagrain farming cooperative.
Joint urban authority awards Veolia Water the contract to manage the water supply network for Draveil
- The Sénart Val de Seine joint urban authority has selected Veolia Water to manage the water supply network and customer service for its main town of Draveil (28,500 people with 7,025 water service customers). Worth over 20 million euros cumulated over a period of 10 years, the contract, delegated up to now to another private operator, enables Veolia Water to establish operations in a new area of the Essonne department, which is part of the Ile-de-France region surrounding Paris.