Veolia is encouraging our customers to use water wisely this winter in case the dry weather that is affecting much of New Zealand continues. The Hūnua and Waitākere ranges, hosting 9 of Auckland's water storage dams, received 34 per cent and 44 per cent less rainfall than normal for the January to June period. As a consequence, the city’s total water storage is 59.2 per cent, which is 25 per cent less than normal for this time of year.
Six top tips for being water wise:
- Find and fix leaks
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Try to shower for four minutes or less.
- Check to make sure your toilet cistern isn’t leaking. Put a few drops of food colouring in the cistern. If colouring ends up in the toilet bowl without flushing, you have a leak.
- Wash full loads of laundry whenever possible. This will save water and energy.
- When hand-washing dishes, fill the sink rather than washing the dishes under a running tap.
Our Papakura office is a friendly environment with facilities for confidential discussions. We aim to minimise any delays when paying accounts in person. Our customer services team is available via telephone during the office hours stated above (except on statutory holidays). We aim to answer your calls promptly and professionally and provide follow up calls within 24 hours. Veolia also provides 24 hour emergency service for major water and wastewater service failures.
Telephone: (09) 295 0515
Fax: (09) 296 2632
Emergency services (24hr): (09) 295 0515
Email us: [email protected]
107 Great South Road, Papakura
10am to 5pm Mondays,
8.30am to 5pm Tuesdays to Fridays,
Statutory holidays – closed
PO Box 72-243
We welcome your feedback on our services. Your feedback and correspondence is valuable to us and we encourage you to contact us should you have any concerns with any of our services or if you have ideas for how we can improve by emailing [email protected].