The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has supported 50 community groups and organisations with a distribution of more than $264,000 in its third and final funding round of 2022. Nineteen organisations were presented with grants at a presentation held in Goulburn on Tuesday 29 November. The range of projects will provide support to bettering our local community through emergency services, sport and recreation facilities, progress associations and historical societies. Congratulating all beneficiaries in the funding round, Justin Houghton, chairman of the Trust and manager of Veolia’s Woodlawn Eco Precinct, said the recipients’ projects align with Veolia’s commitment to the community. “The work Veolia undertakes at the Woodlawn Eco Precinct enables us to further contribute to the local community through the Trust across a wide range of projects that are supporting a whole
host of wonderful initiatives and causes,” he said. “The projects we are funding will have direct benefits in improving the lives of residents in our area and that’s something we’re very proud of. “Veolia is delighted that to date, the Trust has contributed over $13m to more than 1,500 local
projects over the past 17 years.”
The 19 successful grant projects in this round are:
- Tarago District Men's Shed – $3,500 towards the purchase of a new band saw and safety items for the shed.
- Table Tennis Goulburn – $14,004 to finish lining the table tennis Hall on Sports Way.
- Braidwood Preschool Association Incorporated -- $33,873 in support of the Braidwood
- Preschool extension project which will provide an additional 20 preschool places each day.
- Crookwell Progress Association – $6,588 to recover, restore and reinstall 4 memorial gates in
- Crookwell Memorial Park in time for ANZAC Day 2023.
- Oberon Tarana Heritage Railway Inc – $7,811 to purchase 3 new defibrillators for the station and public areas.
- Pat Cullen Reserve Development Group – $26,422 towards the extension of Kiamma Creek
- walkway by 20–25 metres and the installation of a new BBQ and shelter.
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance Nowra – $15,848 to provide new resources for the Nowra service
- including a rehabilitation treadmill, parallel bars, gross motor package and walking frame.
- Oberon Showground Land Managers – $4,899 to provide a new mower for showground maintenance.
- Southern Highlands Croquet Club – $7,057 to purchase a new croquet court mower for grounds maintenance.
- The Salvation Army Goulburn – $6,442 to purchase new community catering equipment to support the Nourish Body and Soul program.
- Balmoral Village Association Inc – $6,000 for the Balmoral Village Hall storage project.
- SDN Crookwell Preschool – $7,625 for the installation of two new shade sails.
- Goulburn Rural Fire Brigade – $7,249 to provide new video conferencing equipment for training.
- The Oaks Historical Society Inc – $22,517 to redevelop the BBQ grounds and install new
- fencing at the Wollondilly Heritage Centre and Museum.
- Marine Rescue NSW (Jervis Bay unit) – $20,000 to support the purchase of a jet ski for use as an emergency rescue support craft.
- Bowral Men's Shed – $3,376 to purchase a new woodturning lathe.
- Murramarang Community Garden Inc – $5,000 towards raising the communal gardening plots.
- Cancer Council NSW – $5,000 in support of Goulburn Relay for Life.
- Oberon Rodeo Association Inc – $16,210 to purchase new portable panels and gates for yarding livestock.
In addition, 31 organisations have shared in just over $44,000 in contributions through the Trust’s
donation program, including:
- Cancer Patients Foundation (Goulburn and Bomaderry)
- Oolong Rural Fire Service
- St Vincent de Paul Society NSW (Nowra)
- Laggan Memorial Hall
- Friends of Mulwaree Museum
- Appin Public School
- Mittagong Cricket Club
- Milton Ulladulla Little Athletics
- CanAssist Goulburn
- Bundanoon Community Garden Inc
- Tarlo Rural Bush Fire Brigade
- Shoalhaven Canoe and Kayak Club Inc
- Braidwood Girl Guides
- Highlands School
- Milton Ulladulla Family History Society Inc
- Exeter Public School P&C Association
- Culburra Beach/Crookhaven Tennis Facility Committee
- Collector Public School
- Marine Rescue NSW Sussex Inlet
- Collector and District Historical Association
- Tarago Sporting Association Inc
- Buxton Volunteer Rural Fire Brigade
- Kollege of Knowledge Kommittee for Kids Inc (Bowral)
- Braidwood & District Historical Society
- Crookwell Memorial Hall Management Committee
- Sussex Inlet and District Rugby League Football Club Inc
- Southern NSW Local Health District (Goulburn)
- Dalton Public Hall Reserve Land Manager
- Marine Rescue Shoalhaven
- Gunning District Community and Health Service Inc
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Australia - Goulburn Branch.
* Photos of individual grant presentations are available.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust was established in 2004 to support community initiatives, with a
specific focus on Tarago, the town in which Veolia operates its Woodlawn Eco Precinct.
Three funding rounds will be held in 2023, with the first round opening for applications in late January. For more information regarding applying to the Trust’s funding programs visit https://mulwareetrust.smartygrants.com.au.