Pharmaceutical companies are responsible for discovering, developing and producing drugs or medications. They have to manage a number of risks, tight regulations and health and safety of workers and consumers while minimising costs of production.
What are some environmental solutions we offer to pharmaceutical companies?
The fast paced development of the chemical and pharmaceutical industries require an adaptive and flexible utility supply to maintain product quality. At Veolia we can help you achieve your production and R&D goals by supplying guaranteed energy efficient utilities that lower your costs and environmental impact, as well as providing proven service solutions geared to meet your unique needs, whether you deal with active ingredients, biosciences, finished pharmaceuticals, chemicals or medical services.
Once we identify your individual requirements, our unique methodology ensures we can deliver high quality tailored utility and energy services, in line with best practices, to:
- Process Heat: we specialise in the supply of heat in various forms (pure steam, process steam, hot water) required for reactors, digesters, sterilizers and other applications.
- Process Refrigeration: we can manage your production and distribution facilities, delivering positive, negative and ultra-negative refrigeration as required for cooling and preserving products, and for cooling production vessels or cleaning stations.
- Compressed Air: We can deliver pure or process compressed air for your production requirements, such as pressurisation of process vessels and automation.
- Vacuum: We can also meets your vacuum requirements, in particular for packaging lines (e.g., for filling bags with powder or blister packaging).
We guarantee savings by carrying out a full energy, water and waste analysis of the site and execute a roadmap of improvement projects. Our solutions for pharmaceutical companies include:
- Operations and maintenance of HVAC
- Operations and maintenance of heating and cooling networks
- Combined heat and power
- Renewable energy
- Hazardous and non-hazardous waste management
- Facility management
- Waste to energy recovery
- Heat recovery solutions
- Water reuse and recycling
- Building energy services
- Energy Performance Contracting (EPC)
What are the benefits of a partnership with Veolia?
Veolia aims to become a valued partner, rather than just acting as a service provider. We work together to ensure your company’s targets for profitability, efficiency and innovation are achieved.
We ensure that your facilities become more reliable, while minimising your environmental impact, saving energy and reducing costs. We offer the following benefits to our clients:
- Guaranteed ROI through a contractual commitment, including cost savings, energy savings, reliability and environmental performance
- Dedicated technical teams trained to work in manufacturing and healthcare environments
- Management of risks through rigorous plans, advice and detailing how our procedures meet the requirements
- Insights on energy, water and waste consumption to implement improvement measures
- Reduction in waste to landfill through onsite segregation and increased recycling rates