For general waste and cardboard on front lift services for larger clients, Veolia’s Paperless Truck System (PTS) allows us to weigh each bin during collection, so that our clients only need to pay for the waste they are moving.
What’s the difference between traditional pricing and weight-based pricing?
Rather than the traditional method of charging a cubic metre rate or flat fee per bin emptied, Veolia is able to charge clients a rate per kilogram, plus a transport cost. We are able to implement this weight based pricing model on all front lift services in all areas where Veolia operates.
When collecting cardboard under the weight based pricing model, clients would be charged a transport cost for Veolia to arrive at the site and a rebate would then be provided to the client based on the contents of the bin. For example, the more cardboard per collection, the greater the rebate for the client. This measure could result in the client being able to turn a waste stream into a cost neutral item, or even a revenue stream.
Why adopt this weight-based pricing model?
Advantages of weight-based pricing include:
- Fair cost structure
- Rebates on cardboard services
- Reduced spend on general waste and potential increased revenue through rebates
- Reduced frequencies and greater bin sizes deliver instant cost savings
- Financial accountability retained by the user/individual site, including financial and recycling performance/impact
- Stores or sites can be measured and compared
- Transparency across all costs associated with our service
- Alleviating fixed rates will promote sites to 'do the right thing' and take all recyclables out of general waste
- Visibility of actual weights results in accurate waste data reporting.
This pricing model has a real impact on the bottom line and provides an incentive for ongoing improvement initiatives.
Am I eligible to adopt this weight-based pricing model?
There are a number of considerations prior to selecting this model, so we suggest you contact one of our customer service centre team members to ensure you make the right choice.
Please submit an online enquiry to our customer service team or call us at 132 955.
In New Zealand:
Please submit an online enquiry to our customer service team or call us at 0800 325 542.