When it comes to our customers in the cement industry, our goal is to provide you with the most cost-effective and environmentally sustainable solution, whilst maintaining operational efficiency and maximum profitability.
Cement is malleable in the sense that it is used for a variety of applications. Beyond the construction of houses, concrete is used as concrete slabs, precast panels, roads and rocky surfaces, mining operations, and renders and fibre board. However the production and utilisation of cement often comes at a cost, particularly to the environment. The industry is responsible for over 7Mt of greenhouse gas emissions per annum, and must therefore work with producers and suppliers to develop innovative and sustainable technologies to support this growing need.
Construction of a standard Australian home requires approximately 14 tonnes of cement. With more than 9 million dwellings located within this country, it is clear that cement is a vital resource, growing and shaping Australia’s future.
Over the years there has been a growing focus on sustainable resource management, with the cement industry seeking to use the by-products or waste products of other industrial, agricultural or municipal processes in production operations to reduce its reliability on fossil fuels and raw materials where possible.
Veolia's cement industry solutions
At Veolia we specialise in the recovery of construction materials, and have worked with the likes of Cement Australia, Boral and Adelaide Brighton to reduce their environmental impact, through the use of supplying innovative fuels and raw materials.
We have a variety of construction waste recycling facilities across Australia, which allow us to divert materials that would otherwise go to landfill, for reuse.
Waste and Facilities Maintenance Solutions
- Amalgamated plant services: including high pressure water jetting, vacuum loading, materials separation and recycling
- Waste management and resource recovery including handling of process waste for recovery, general waste and recyclables, hazardous liquid waste collection (drums and tanker)
- Facilities and civil maintenance including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roof replacement, road and concrete repairs, painting and road sweeping
- Refractory services including strip out, installation, commissioning and equipment and scaffolding services
Energy Treatment Solutions
- Preventative and corrective energy asset maintenance contracts
- Managing energy performance of facilities and equipment
- Reporting on clients energy usage and reductions
- Installation, design, development and upgrading of energy systems and equipment, including heating, ventilation and air-conditioning
- Environmental Upgrade Agreements (EUA’s) - enabling building owners to upgrade facilities using attractive financing structures to provide a cash-flow positive project, enabling energy, water or waste efficiency upgrades
Water Treatment Solutions
- Water and wastewater treatment plants to treat contaminated
- Water for environmental discharge or reuse
- Potable water systems
- Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD)
- Containerised mobile units
- Guaranteed operations and maintenance of water assets
- Refurbishments, upgrades and modifications of existing water treatment plants for manufacturing plants and facilities