- Revenue increased 4.5% to €24,965
- EBITDA grew 11.3% to €2,997 million
- Current EBIT increased 25.5% to €1,315 million
- Current net income rose sharply by 74% to €580 million
- Significant increase in net free cash flow to €856 million (+ 172%)
- Net financial debt lowered to €8,170 million
These results also reflect the continuing rebalancing of the customer portfolio: at the end of 2015 the industrial sector represented 44% of the total as against 39% at the end of 2014.
These performances reflect the Group’s growth and open up the trajectory for the 2016-2018 strategic growth plan announced at the end of 2015.
In 2016, in a context of deflation and sluggish economic growth, Veolia aims to continue its pace of growth:
- Revenue and EBITDA growth
- Net Free Cash Flow excluding financial divestitures of at least €650 million
- Current net income of at least €600 million
In the 2016-2018 period, the Group is targeting a gradual resumption of growth in revenue to reach between 2% and 3% per year on average in the current economic climate.
Antoine Frérot, Veolia’s Chairman & Chief Executive Officer indicated: “In a difficult economic environment, Veolia has once again demonstrated the relevance of its strategy, with results up sharply. The performance achieved throughout the 2015 fiscal year was particularly satisfying and exceeded the objectives we set for ourselves. (…) This allows me to approach 2016 with confidence, despite an economic context that remains difficult. The Group’s prior strategy which entirely focused on results improvement now allows the Group to increase investments and therefore to grow revenue.”