Paris, November 26, 2015 – In the lead-up to the Paris climate summit (COP 21), 39 major French companies, employing a total of 4.4 million people worldwide and generating sales of 1,200 billion euros, have made a firm commitment to combat climate change. By signing this climate pledge, they want to contribute to making COP 21 a success and to limiting the warming of the Earth to 2°C. They emphasize their driving role and leadership in the fight for a more sustainable world.
Active since many years, our companies are taking concrete steps to reduce their carbon footprint through:
- The use of active and passive energy efficiency solutions,
- The use of renewable energy, notably hydro, wind or solar energy,
- The systematic reduction of greenhouse gas emissions throughout the life cycle of our products,
- The development of new low-carbon materials and solutions,
- The reduction of food waste and packaging,
- The adoption of long-term investment strategies actively promoting the energy transition.
From 2016 to 2020, the 39 companies plan to invest at least 43 billion euros in industrial projects and R&D devoted to renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies. They also plan to finance projects for a total of at least 117 billion euros designed to help combat climate change.
Group Media Relations
Laurent Obadia - Sandrine Guendoul
Stéphane Galfré – Marie Bouvet
Tél. : + 33 1 71 75 12 52