Veolia Water Technologies was awarded the contract for the design, engineering, fabrication and assembly of equipments, testing and commissioning of a water treatment plant, integrated with the current 40 years old existing Qarmat Ali Water Treatment Plant.
It includes river water clarification using Actidisk solution, made of the compbition of Actiflo® & Hydrotech Discfilter technologies, followed by series of auto-back washable strainer filters to handle a flow rate of 206,400 m3/day.
The complete plant has a modular design and all the treatment steps are made of skid-mounted, pre-assembled and pre-tested elements before being shipped to Iraq.
Veolia delivered the plant within the committed period of 6 months.
- The modular aspect has a big advantage in term of gain of time in the construction schedule
- The compactness of the unit limits considerably the footprint
- The site activities are reduced to minimal interconnecting and writing works
- The wastage of water is minimized by recirculation of dirty and off-spec water
- The start and stop procedure is very simple and the plant can be easily operated.