Veolia in brief
Around the globe, Veolia helps cities and industries to manage, optimize and make the most of their resources. The company provides an array of solutions related to water, energy and materials – with a focus on waste recovery – to promote the transition toward a circular economy.
Veolia's 179,000 employees are tasked with contributing directly to the sustainability performance of customers in the public and private sectors, allowing them to pursue development while protecting the environment.
To this end, the company designs and deploys specialist solutions to provide, protect and replenish resources while increasing their efficiency from an environmental, economic and social standpoint. Such initiatives are all part of Veolia's ongoing campaign to resource the world.
3 core businesses:
Water, Waste Management & Energy Services
around the world
(*) 2014 proforma figures, including Dalkia International (100%) and excluding Dalkia France.
SEVEN GROWTH MARKETS
Veolia has identified seven key growth markets, representing sectors with significant potential to generate revenue, in which resource strain drives growing demand for narrowly specialized expertise. These sectors are opening up new opportunities for environmental services in which Veolia already provides benchmark solutions:
- The circular economy, to tackle the problem of dwindling raw materials, water and energy resources
- Innovative solutions to improve life in cities and related services
- Treating the most challenging types of pollution, such as toxic waste, treatment sludge and contaminated wastewater
- Decommissioning services for oil rigs, ships, aircraft and nuclear plants
- The food & beverage industry, ensuring compliance with stringent standards on health, safety and quality
- Mining, which requires extensive resources
- The oil & gas industry, governed by increasingly demanding environmental standards