Wastewater collection and treatment
Actor development of the region, Amendis has carried out major works to strengthen the basic infrastructure and support the urban and economic development of the cities of Tangier and Tetouan.
The “Social Connection” operation under the INDH (Moroccan National Human Development Initiative) provides low-income households in poorly equipped areas with access to essential clean water and sewage services.
This huge program, launched in 2006 in Tangiers and Tetouan, was developed in partnership with the Awarding Authority and will be rolled out until 2016.
The program includes:
- Marketing by a mobile agency dealing with all the administration
- Payment facilities for up to 10 years
It allows 33,400 households in Tangiers and 21,800 in Tetouan to be connected, i.e. an overall population of 276,000 people spread over 277 neighborhoods.
The program is part of a global trend towards sustainable development and aims to improve the living conditions of the inhabitants. It has enabled:
- Fast and secure access to clean water
- Waste to be removed from the natural surroundings while preserving the environment
- Improved living conditions for citizens
- Guaranteed hygiene and disease prevention
connected to clean water and sewage services
Nearly 1 million customers provided with electricity