Veolia today announces its results for the first nine months of 2017, in line with the Group's strategy based on growth and efficiency:
- Revenues amounted to €18,221 million versus €17,569 in the first nine months of 2016, representing growth of 4.4% at constant exchange rates.
- In France, business grew by 1.2% on a like-for-like basis. Water activity is stable (+ 0.1%). The Waste business showed good sales momentum with a 2.9% increase in revenue
- Europe is up sharply (+ 6.5%), with notable increases in Germany (+ 4.9%), the United Kingdom (+ 5.1%), Central and Eastern Europe (+10.3%), in the Nordic countries (+ 12.2%) and in the Iberian Peninsula (+ 11.5%)
- Growth remains strong in the rest of the world (+ 10.6%). North America grew by 11.6%, Asia by 22% (30.3% in China), Latin America by 22.4% and Australia by 8.2%.
These good performances confirm that the commercial relaunch instigated a year ago is continuing to bear fruit.
- EBITDA is €2,359 million, up 1.7% at constant exchange rates over the first nine months of the year and up 4.8% in the third quarter
- Current EBIT amounted to € 1,049 million, up 2.2% over the first 9 months of the year and 6.9% in the third quarter
- Current net income Group share was almost stable at €406 million.
- Financial net debt fell to €8,419 million as of 30 September 2017, compared to €8,883 million as of 30 September 2016.
Antoine Frérot, Group Chairman and CEO, said: "Veolia's 9-month results are satisfactory, and support our strategy of growth and efficiency. The solid development in turnover has continued as announced at the beginning of the year. Good commercial momentum and revitalized attractiveness of our offerings resulted in new contract awards across all our businesses and geographies. (...) In addition, the successful framework and execution of our efficiency programs allowed us to achieve cost savings in line with our objectives. All in all, the combination of profitable growth and cost savings translates into an overall acceleration of EBITDA and earnings, in line with our plan. These results allow me to fully confirm our objectives.”