CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATIONS
In Lyon, Veolia is working to implement cutting-edge technological innovations for data management and water-quality traceability. The water distribution network will be equipped with more than 6,000 sensors that monitor water quality and detect leaks in real time.
Millions of pieces of data will be recorded and sent to an integrated operations center, where they will be analyzed and immediately used to perform work on infrastructure and in the field, to the direct benefit of users.
Customers will be able to track their water use online and receive an alert if their consumption rises to abnormal levels. In very cold weather users will also receive alerts about the risks of freezing so that they can take appropriate measures.
Center Director, Lyon
“As a partner to Greater Lyon, it is our responsibility to tackle the challenges of both water conservation and quality.”
- Second-largest drinking-water network in France in terms of customers served
- Excellent quality of service for all residents
- Technological innovation
- Optimal management of public assets
- Water treatment: production, operation and maintenance
- Water transport: distribution, operation and maintenance
- Customer relations: customer relations and multi-channel management, customer account management and metering
- Data management and smart services: real-time infrastructure monitoring, work scheduling, dynamic asset management, remote meter reading, leak alerts
- Management and human capital: staff management and vocational training
Learn how Veolia is resourcing the world
6,000 sensors installed
33,000 m³ of water saved per day