Given the Covid-19 pandemic and in accordance with French government order no. 2020-321 of March 25, 2020 adapting the rules for holding meetings of shareholders and governing bodies of private-law legal persons and entities without legal personality and their deliberations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the decision has been taken to hold our shareholders' general meeting at the Company's administrative headquarters at 30 rue Madeleine Vionnet, 93300 Aubervilliers, France, behind closed doors, i.e. without shareholders being physically present.
As a result, we invite you to vote remotely, before the meeting takes place, either using a remote voting form or by granting a proxy to the chairman or to a third party attending the meeting(1), or via the internet.
(1) Exceptionally, we ask you not to grant powers to a third party to represent you in the meeting, since it will be taking place without shareholders (and therefore any third-party representatives) being present, in accordance with article 4 of the aforementioned government order.
You can do this by:
- either voting on the Votaccess secure platform (including via your bank's website) until 3pm French time on April 21, 2020,
- or completing your single remote or proxy voting form and returning by post to Société Générale, Service des Assemblées, CS 30812, 44308 Nantes Cedex 3, France, to be received by 12pm French time on April 20, 2020.
You can also ask questions in writing. Questions may be sent to the Chairman of the Board of Directors:
- either by registered letter with confirmation of receipt requested sent to the administrative headquarters, i.e. Veolia Environnement, Secrétariat Général, 30 rue Madeleine Vionnet, 93300 Aubervilliers, France;
- or by email to [email protected]
by the fourth business day before the date of the Shareholders’ General Meeting, i.e. on or before April 16, 2020. To be taken into account, the written questions must be accompanied by a certificate stating that your shares are registered in an account held with Société Générale (account-keeper/custodian) or with a financial intermediary.
Since the meeting will take place without shareholders being physically present, shareholders are reminded that they will not be able to ask questions orally or propose new resolutions during the meeting. However, any written questions that shareholders may send to the Company after the deadline specified by regulations but before the meeting, using the aforementioned email address ([email protected]), will be dealt with where possible.
Given the uncertainty about how long posted items take to be delivered at the moment, shareholders are advised to use, where possible, electronic communication methods in relation to this meeting.
A full playback of the shareholders' general meeting will be available on the Company's website:
Shareholders are invited to consult the shareholders' general meeting section of the website:
https://www.veolia.com/en/veolia-group/finance/shareholders/shareholders-meeting/2020-shareholders-meeting-documentation for all details regarding the broadcasting of the meeting and the organization of the meeting more generally.