Veolia generally groups water and wastewater services into three different groupings: Water treatment, Wastewater treatment and Oily water treatment.
All treatment options require a thorough analysis of the content and existing conditions prior to solution design, but common treatment options include microfiltration, reverse osmosis, advanced oxidation, stabilisation and disinfection. Oily water treatment falls under our hazardous waste services, so please visit our dedicated page for more information.
Where does Veolia treat water?
In this specific context, ‘water’ refers to what is produced from the tap e.g. drinking water.
Throughout Australia and New Zealand, Veolia manages, operates and maintains water treatment plants, ranging in capacity from three million to 250 million litres per day. Some of our long-term water treatment contracts are below:
- New South Wales - operating two filtration plants producing drinking water for up to half a million residents across Illawarra and Woronora on behalf of Sydney Water
- Victoria - operating and maintaining three advanced water treatment plants in Bendigo, Castlemaine and Kyneton which service 110,000 residents
- New Zealand - operating and maintaining seven small water treatment plants in Ruapehu to serve the district's population base of 15,000.
Where does Veolia treat wastewater?
Veolia manages, operates and maintains wastewater treatment plants across Australia and New Zealand, ranging from three million litres per day to 20 million litres per day, including:
- Victoria - treating 8.4 megalitres of wastewater per day while improving the quality of treated water discharged to the environment. It also includes a thermal sludge dryer which produces biosolids to a standard suitable for beneficial land based reuse, such as fertiliser
- New Zealand - operating and maintaining two advanced wastewater treatment plants in Moa Point and Western as well as a sludge dewatering plant, a 9 km pipeline and a 1.8 km outfall pipe.
Want to learn more about Veolia’s water and wastewater services?
Please submit an online enquiry to our customer service team or call us at 02 8571 0000.
In New Zealand:
Please submit an online enquiry to our customer service team or call us at 0800 325 542.