Most businesses need to dispose of some form of liquid wastes including: oils, grease trap, acids, wash waters, hydrocarbon waste, solvents and spray booth waste.
Liquid waste cannot go in the general waste stream and there are strict regulations on how to dispose of it correctly. Depending on the nature of waste and the risk it poses, it may be harmful if released into the environment untreated.
Liquid waste can be stored in holding tanks or packaged in drums, intermediate bulk containers or approved small containers.
Why Proper Liquid Waste Management Matters
- Liquid Waste Variety: Most businesses need to dispose of various types of liquid waste, including oils, grease trap waste, acids, wash waters, hydrocarbon waste, solvents, and spray booth waste. Each of these waste streams requires specialised handling and disposal techniques.
- Regulatory Compliance: It's crucial to note that liquid waste cannot be disposed of in the general waste stream. There are strict regulations governing the proper disposal of liquid waste to protect the environment and public health. Failure to comply with these regulations can result in significant penalties.
- Environmental Impact: Depending on the nature of the waste and the risk it poses, improper disposal can be harmful if released untreated into the environment. It can contaminate soil, groundwater, and surface water, affecting ecosystems and potentially causing long-term damage.
How do we handle liquid waste?
At Veolia, we take pride in our highly trained and experienced team, which can safely collect, treat, and correctly dispose of your liquid waste. Our state-of-the-art waste fleet ensures that we can handle any type of liquid waste, from small volumes to bulk containers and large tanks.
- Collection and Transportation: Liquid waste can be removed via vacuum tanker for bulk volumes or carefully packaged for safe transportation and disposal using our specialised pantech trucks.
- Licensed Facilities: Our licensed liquid waste treatment facilities meet strict EPA guidelines and are operated by highly trained personnel. We have extensive knowledge in the treatment of various liquid waste types and can develop tailored solutions to meet your disposal needs.
- Environmental Testing and Monitoring: Veolia provides high-quality environmental testing and monitoring using state-of-the-art equipment. We offer tracking and documentation services to ensure your business complies with all relevant regulations and reporting requirements.
Veolia is committed to resource recovery and works with clients to identify cost-effective treatment solutions which divert liquid waste from landfills, where possible.
Why choose Veolia for your liquid waste?
The safe and effective handling of liquid waste requires an exceptional level of experience, care, and attention to detail. When you choose Veolia for your liquid waste removal needs, you benefit from:
- Versatility: We have the capability to collect all volumes of liquid waste, whether you have small quantities, bulk containers, or large tanks. Our collection services are available 24 hours a day, ensuring quick response times and emergency support when needed.
- Safety and Compliance: We adhere to the highest standards of safety and compliance with regulations. You can trust that your liquid waste is being managed responsibly, minimising risks to your business and the environment.
- Tank Cleaning Services: In addition to waste removal, we offer tank cleaning services with techniques designed to minimise personnel exposure and eliminate or reduce the need for manned entry into tanks.