Veolia Wetherill Resource Recovery Facility
Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility accepts self-tipping vehicles only. Hand-unloading customers are not accepted.
Due to extreme weather on Australia's east coast and exceptional volumes of waste, your collection services are disrupted, and recycling services may not occur at present. Our frontline teams are working hard to resume normal services as soon as we can. In the meantime, supporting essential services like hospitals, nursing homes, schools and businesses generating food/wet waste is our priority.
For any urgent assistance, such as an overflowing bin causing a health or safety risk, please call customer service on 13 13 35. For any other requests, we encourage you to email us until further notice.
We apologise for any service disruptions and thank you for your patience during this time.
20 Davis Road, Wetherill Park NSW 2164
1300 651 116
Monday: 24-hour operation
Tuesday: 24-hour operation
Wednesday: 24-hour operation
Thursday: 24-hour operation
Friday: 24-hour operation
Saturday: open until 4:00pm
Sunday: closed until 10:00pm
Keep up to date with our holiday operating hours here.
For information regarding opening hours, fees, acceptance criteria or other site-specific information, please submit our online enquiry form link to page named ‘contact us’) or call Customer Service on 13 13 35.
What is on-site at Wetherill
- Public Drop-off
- Transfer Station
Wetherill Public Drop-off Area
- Small businesses
- Credit card/ Debit card (EFTPOS)
- Customer account (criteria of eligibility)
Payment is accepted via card ONLY. Cash and cheques are not accepted.
Customers with minimum transactions of $500 per month may be eligible to open an account. Please call 1300 651 116 for further information.
Non Accepted Waste Types:
- Clinical waste
- Hazardous waste
- Green waste
- Lead acid batteries
- Radioactive waste
Wetherill Park is now accepting TVs & computers free of charge. For more information and conditions of acceptance please view our e-Waste page.
For a detailed guide to accepted waste and applicable fees at individual Veolia facilities across NSW, please download our NSW Waste Charges and Services booklet.
Accepted Waste Types:
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Building Materials
- Paper and Cardboard
- General Solid Waste
- Gas Bottle Fire Extinguishers
- Food Waste
- Insulation SMF
- Sump Oil
- White Goods
Wetherill Development Consent
Alteration and additions to and an increase in the processing capacity of an existing waste transfer station to 230,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) of waste including 140,000 tpa of general solid waste (putrescible) and 90,000 tpa of general solid waste (non-putrescible).
For Major Projects Environmental Impacts Assessment and Response to Submissions, please visit the Planning & Environment NSW government’s page.
Environment and Safety
At Veolia we take our responsibility to the safety of people and the environment seriously.
All visitors to Veolia facilities must observe site safety requirements, including wearing enclosed footwear at all times.
Veolia Environment Report Hotline
Veolia has a dedicated Environment Report Hotline for anyone living, or working, near one of our facilities in New South Wales and Victoria.
The hotline has been set up to receive feedback on environmental matters which are sometimes associated with recycling and waste management facilities – like odours, noise, dust and mud tracking.
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your call will always be answered by a real person - not just an automated message - who will enter your feedback and forward it immediately to the staff at the facility. This allows us to take immediate action to determine the cause of any concerns you may have, and gives us the best chance of rectifying the situation quickly.
A Veolia employee will endeavour to contact you within 24 hours with feedback on your report.
To provide your feedback, please call:
NSW/VIC - 1800 ENV REP (1800 368 737)
Wetherill Park Environmental Reports
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility Environmental Noise Assessment 5 April 2023
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Environmental Protection Licence 4548 1 July 2022
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility AEMR 2021 2022
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility ERP 23 July 2021
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility Environmental Management Plant 15 September 2021
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility Facility Odour Management Plan 22 September 2021
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Independent Environmental Audit 20 July 2021
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility Odour Audit 15 May 2020
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Development Operational Environmental Management Plan November 2019
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility CEMP DPI Approval SSD7267 4 July 2019
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility CEMP 24 June 2019
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility Traffic Management Plan 3 October 2016
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Facility EIS March 2016
- Wetherill Park Resource Recovery Development Consent schedule1 Schedule2 14 September 2011