Funding Round 2, 2020 Recipients announced
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust will support 39 local community organisations with a wide range of local projects through $270,483 in funding distributed recently.
Eighteen organisations have been successful through the Trust’s grant program:
Tarago Public School will install bright new playground markings for education and fitness activities for its students throughout the playground with the help of a $12,190 grant.
The Tarago Hall will have air-conditioning installed and the kitchen upgraded with a grant of $50,785 from the Veolia Mulwaree Trust and the financial support of the Tarago and District Progress Association (TADPAI).
The Crescent School in Goulburn received a grant of $24,687 to complete its Secure Sensory Walkways Project, providing an accessible and safe new playground area for students.
Community Links Wellbeing Inc in the Wollondilly area will provide musical instruments for music therapy sessions for its clients through a grant of $1,514.
Students at Oberon Public School will soon enjoy improved outdoor facilities with the school undertaking the Magnificent Playground Project which the Trust has supported with $9,831 in funding.
A grant of $23,200 was presented to the Tarago and District Show Society Inc which will undertake a much-needed upgrade to the food and beverage outlet at Tarago Showground in time for next year’s show.
Marulan Public School is excited to be installing new playground equipment which will be enjoyed by the students. The Trust will assist the school and its P&C to complete the project with a grant of $11,000.
$5,000 was presented to Oberon Council toward the Oberon Bicentenary Tapestries conservation framing project. The tapestries were a major local Bicentenary project and will be preserved for many more years of enjoyment by the local community.
Gunning Swimming Pool will undergo a major shade and seating project ready for the hot summer months, with the Trust contributing $49,107 to Upper Lachlan Shire Council to assist with the improvements.
The Trust is pleased to support the Hume Conservatorium of Music with the fit out of its new multi-purpose Creative Precinct facility by providing $10,000 toward the purchase of new seating.
Picton CWA members have been busy in lockdown creating poppy wreaths for six locations throughout the Wollondilly shire including local nursing homes and RSL Sub Branches. The Trust has supported their efforts by providing a grant of $1,320 to provide six memorial boxes for the displays.
Tarago Pony Club which has recently reformed after many years will be able to update its equipment with the Veolia Mulwaree Trust supporting the group with a $3,376 in funding.
A new electronic school sign will soon be installed to improve communications and promotions at Goulburn East Public School following a grant of $12,000 provided by the Trust.
Tarago Sporting Association Inc will provide extra storage in the sports pavilion at Tarago Recreation Area through a grant of $6,138.
Reedy Creek Equestrian Club will be able to transport its equipment to its many sites throughout the region with the Trust granting $5,000 toward the purchase of a new trailer.
Wollondilly Pony Club Inc will undertake the much-needed refurbishment and upgrade of pony club cross country course at Tahmoor thanks to a $12,305 Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant.
Nowra’s Cerebral Palsy Alliance will purchase new Magic Carpet technology equipment to assist people with disabilities. The Trust has contributed $5,000 toward the equipment.
The Trust also presented $7,165 to the Cancer Council NSW to support the 2020 Goulburn Relay Your Way event held last month and 2021 Nowra Relay for Life, continuing many years of support to the Cancer Council dating back to 2006.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has also provided funding to 21 local organisations for small projects ($1000 or less) with funding through the Trust’s donation program:
Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Goulburn - Support Goulburn AECG Deadly Encouragement awards $1,000
Mittagong Cricket Club Inc - Purchase new bowling machine for training junior players $975
Glenquarry Public School - Establish bush tucker garden and meeting place with associated educational signage $1,000
Small Farms Network Capital Region Inc - Establish wildlife camera loan program $1,000
1st Gunning Scout Group - Replacement of sporting and hiking equipment $1,000
Community Energy For Goulburn Inc - Provide office equipment and banners for Community Energy for Goulburn (CE4G) $990
Goulburn Strikers Football Club Inc - Provide support of Strikers Kickstart Youth Program $1,000
St Saviour's Cathedral Goulburn - Cemetery Friends Volunteers - Assist volunteers undertaking work to enhance St Saviour’s historic cemetery $1,000
Tuena Hall and Recreation Area Committee - Purchase garden equipment to maintain area around the Tuena Hall $1,000
Challenge Southern Highlands - Establish coffee shop in centre to offer skills and training for supported employees $1,000
Nowra High School - Purchase resources to establish bush tucker and integrated cultural learning memorial garden $1,000
Tarago CWA - Install new path to building entry $1,000
Lifeline Macarthur - Support training of two volunteers in crisis support services $1,000
Braidwood Life Centre Inc - Establish children's garden bed in therapeutic garden $1,000
Windellama Progress Association Hall Inc - Purchase AED for community hall $1,000
CanAssist Goulburn and District Branch - Support of patients with cancer and their families $1,000
Gunning Public School P&C Association - Provide resources for Gunning Public School students $1,000
Gunning District Community and Health Service Inc - Provide chair scale for use in community nursing clinic $1,000
Goulburn Crookwell Heritage Railway Inc - Transport of Heritage Railway Pay Bus vehicles to Crookwell Railway precinct $1,000
Nowra Athletics Club - Purchase new javelin equipment $1,000
ImaginArta - the Australian Puppet Centre Inc (Sutton Forest) - Provide materials for free community puppetry workshops $900
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust congratulates all the above organisations and looks forward to these projects providing a wide range of benefits for the local community.
Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships for 2020
The Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships for 2020 have been awarded to artists Zachery Bladwell from Goulburn and Ray Monde from the Braidwood district. Richard Joyce from Goulburn will also receive a recognition scholarship in 2020. Dancer, actor and singer Zachery Bladwell will receive a $3000 Veolia Creative Arts Study Scholarship to support him to complete a Diploma of Dance at Brent Street in Sydney. Ray Monde is a mixed media artist working with collage and synthetic polymer paint. The $3000 Veolia Creative Arts Practice Scholarship will assist Ray to create a series of artworks following the devastating fires in his local region of Braidwood.
Richard Joyce has also been acknowledged for his musicianship, as well as contribution to the local community, through a $1000 Veolia Creative Arts Recognition Scholarship. Richard plans to use the scholarship to get back into the recording studio to complete an album of original work. Veolia Creative Arts Scholarship Patron Jennifer Lamb says the scholarship program is now in its 13th year and has proudly supported 45 local artists since 2008.
“A large number of high-calibre submissions were received from the local arts community for the 2020 Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships. Applications were received from writers, performers and performance creators, mixed media artists, photographers, singers, dancers, actors, choreographers, painters, directors, musicians and music producers,” Ms Lamb said.
Ms Lamb said the selection panel considered the career development of individual artists wishing to further their artistic endeavours, in addition to how their creativity enriched the artistic vitality of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust region. Presentation of the 2020 scholarships will take place later in the year when social distancing restrictions allow.
Ms Lamb encouraged artists in any discipline across the region to consider applying for the scholarship in 2021. The Veolia Creative Arts Scholarship program will be accepting applications early next year with dates and further information available on this page or by phoning (02) 48222786.
About the artists
Zachery Bladwell – 2020 Veolia Creative Arts Study Scholarship, $3000
Goulburn man Zachery Bladwell is currently studying a Diploma of Dance - Elite Performance, focusing on Performing Arts at Brent Street in Sydney. This course aims to create the ultimate triple-threat performers. While focusing predominantly on dance, students engage in singing and acting classes on a weekly basis to mould a well-rounded performer. “Performing has always been a goal and passion of mine, with the course at Brent Street providing me with the opportunity to learn from the best in the industry, setting me up with both types of skills to pass onto younger generations and work in a career that I'm incredibly passionate about,” Zachery stated. “Training at Brent Street allows me to grow into a versatile performer, which would, in turn, increase my involvement in the arts within the Goulburn Mulwaree LGA. I'm currently an active member of the Lieder Theatre, have a degree in secondary education which allows me to empower local teenagers from a young age, and would love to eventually open up my own studio in the LGA focused on all aspects of performing arts.”
Ray Monde – 2020 Veolia Creative Arts Practice Scholarship, $3000
Ray Monde’s work is essentially mixed media, working with collage and synthetic polymer paint to create heavily textured works, which will be showcased in a major solo exhibition at the Goulburn Regional Art Gallery in 2022. Living at Bombay near Braidwood, Ray reflected on the summer bushfires devastating his local area; “The proximity of the fires have been a constant threat with smoke plumes menacing the sky for months. Our immediate efforts have been in fighting the fires, defending homes and rallying support for each other. I think there will be a significant knock-on effect of the fires on our emotional well-being.” Through the scholarship, Ray plans to create a series of artworks which take a snapshot of a moment in time immediately after the fires. “These works will show the blackened landscapes, the wreaths of food left out for wildlife, the trucks on fire grounds and people in front of their homes. When we look back at these works in twelve months time we will be able to relive it and let go.”
Richard Joyce – 2020 Veolia Creative Arts Recognition Scholarship, $1000
Richard Joyce is a musician from Goulburn currently working on an album of original songs. He plans to use the scholarship to develop the music career of himself and his band, The Rich Pitcher. The local five-member act has been performing since 2014. “Our most recent local event was targeted at raising funds for the Local RFS, where we brought together a group of local acts, combined on the night we were able to raise just under $6,500,” Richard explained. “While the covers have been a great way to play music and have fun, I have always had a burning passion to develop my own portfolio of original music. I made it my goal to write and produce an album of original music, I have written more than a dozen songs and have band members who are passionate about creating this music with me.”
2020 Round 1 recipients announced
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust will support 16 local community organisations with a wide range of local projects, through $173,666 in funding distributed recently.
Tarago Men's Shed Association Inc will receive support to develop stage two of its shed project with various external building works and the purchase of workshop machinery and equipment, with the Trust contributing $35,310.
The Tarago Hall will receive a new roof complete with solar panels through a project to be undertaken by the Tarago and District Progress Association Inc (TADPAI), supported with a $37,186 grant from the Veolia Mulwaree Trust.
Goulburn South Public School is developing ‘South's Friendship Park’, providing a safe space with interactive equipment particularly for children with additional needs in the school playground. The park will also be open to the community. The Trust is proud to be partnering with Goulburn South in this exciting project with a grant of $38,709.
The Trust will also support Shoalhaven City Council’s new inclusive playground development at Plantation Point and will provide a grant of $21,000 for the installation of new Liberty Swing as part of the project.
The Southern Highlands Hockey complex at Welby will benefit from three new spectator shelters providing all-weather protection for players and supporters. The Trust agreed to provide $15,207 to assist this project.
North Shoalhaven Meals on Wheels is undertaking a major upgrade to its kitchen to enable it to provide hot and frozen meals for its frail aged clients and people with a disability. The Trust was pleased to provide support through a grant of $11,450 toward the installation of a new combi oven.
The Goulburn Tennis Club will upgrade its existing lighting to LED across all 10 courts at the complex and the Trust will provide $4,895 in funding to assist.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust will continue to support the region’s DreamCricket Day which provides children with a disability the opportunity to participate in a fun day of sport. The Trust will provide a donation of $2,000 toward the event organised by the Rotary Club of Bowral-Mittagong Inc.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has also supported a number of smaller projects with funding through its donation program.
Upper Lachlan Landcare Inc will purchase a new gazebo for use in its outdoor activities with the support of $919 from the Trust.
The Trust agreed to provide a donation of $1,000 to the Oberon Garden Club toward the Botanica Program event to be held in 2021, postponed from 2020.
Sanctuary Point Public School will construct protection over the school's fruit trees and planting area with a donation of $1,000.
St Nick's Patchwork Group in Goulburn will continue to create comforting quilts for Anglicare's Emergency Housing Project, with $1,000 provided by the Trust for materials.
The Gunning and District Historical Society aims to broaden the sharing of its stored local history with improved archival storage and records management at its History Research Centre. The Society will receive $1,000 in assistance.
Through a donation of $990 the Jervis Bay CWA Evening Branch will purchase a multi-media projector to enhance group presentations.
The Milton District CWA will construct a new boundary fence at its rooms with the assistance of $1,000 from the Trust.
Make-A-Wish Foundation Australia - Goulburn District Branch will receive a donation of $1,000 to continue its work in granting cherished wishes of local children with life-threatening illnesses.
The latest grants and donations are in addition to the $200,000 the Trust has provided in the past few months to local community organisations to assist with bushfire recovery across the region. Donations of $50,000 were made to Wildlife Rescue South Coast, Blazeaid, Ruralaid and WIRES, shared between four local WIRES branches in the Trust area.
A second funding round for 2020 will open later in the year with dates to be advised. For more information visit the Veolia Mulwaree Trust website at www.mulwareetrust.org.au or call the Goulburn office on (02) 4822 2786.
2019 Round 2 Funding Recipients Announced
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust will assist nineteen community groups from across the region with a wide range of projects by providing $306,693 in grant funding in its second funding round of 2019.
The successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust organisations presented with grants yesterday were:
Bungendore Park Tennis Club Inc received $9,554 for the installation of 'book-a-court' system to improve facility accessibility.
Tarago and District Progress Association Incorporated received $15,900 to purchase a new mower to maintain Tarago’s community spaces.
Sanctuary Point Community Pride Inc will undertake the installation of an all-abilities nest swing at Clifton Park with a grant of $11,000.
Southern Highlands Botanic Gardens Limited will develop a new picnic setting and shelter in the botanic gardens with $8,963 in funding.
Jervis Bay Marine Rescue NSW received a grant of $25,000 toward the purchase of new purpose-built marine rescue vessel.
Tarago and District Show Society Inc will develop a new catering and storage facility at the Tarago Showground with $30,883 in funding assistance.
St Peter and Paul's Primary School Goulburn received $14,164 to install much-needed heating in the school hall.
Stonequarry 355 Cemetery Committee Taralga will complete its unmarked historical graves project at the Stonequarry Cemetery with the assistance of $17,755.
Gunning and District Pony Club received $12,946 to install new fencing around dressage arena at Gunning Showground.
St Bede's Primary School Braidwood will undertake the refurbishment of the timber floor in its 102-year old school hall through a $19,930 grant.
Goulburn Motor Cycle Club will construct a new club house and canteen facility at the newly developed motocross park with funding assistance of $45,258.
Boro/Mt Fairy RFS Brigade received a grant of $10,680 to provide new water storage to strengthen firefighting resources.
Hill Top Community Centre will upgrade lighting within the sports stadium to energy efficient LEDs through its Lighting The Way project and received a $4,000 grant.
Tully Park Early Bird Golf Club Inc Goulburn will replace the course entry pathway and adjacent fence at the course to improve safety with its $9,053 in funding.
Waminda - South Coast Women’s Health & Welfare Aboriginal Corporation will receive $10,603 to purchase equipment to develop and maintain gardens and its ceremony space at Kareela Ngura.
Tarago Sporting Association Inc will provide a defibrillator unit at Tarago Recreation Area and received a $2,410 grant.
Goulburn Locomotive Roundhouse Preservation Society Inc will enclose its existing museum structure at Goulburn Rail Heritage Centre to display and preserve historical exhibits through its grant of $25,910.
Thirlmere Public School will develop an all-weather synthetic turf sporting facility for students and the community and received $20,000 in funding.
St Mary's Catholic Parish Bungendore will receive a grant of $12,685 to upgrade its parish hall for community use.
Congratulations to the latest successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust donation recipients:
Kiamma Creek Landcare - Support for celebration of Pat Cullen Reserve Waterside Walkway opening in Crookwell - $1,000
Crookwell Rural Fire Brigade - Purchase a new computer to assist administration of brigade - $1,000
Shoalhaven Community Mental Health Rehabilitation Service - Provide smoking cessation education and support program - $919
Southern Highlands Christian Community Centre - Supply free weekly lunch for the homeless and socially isolated - $1,000
Goulburn AP and H Society - Purchase signage for display at Goulburn Show - Event signage $1,000
Crookwell CWA Evening Branch - Purchase a computer to support branch administration - $1,000
Burraga Bushfire Brigade - Provide GPS and map tracking equipment to brigade vehicles - $1,000
Wingecarribee Food Services Co-operative Limited - Support meals on wheels volunteers with reimbursement of fuel costs - $1,000
Culburra Rural Fire Brigade - Purchase thermal imaging camera for fire truck - $998
Connect Christian Church - Provide sound and lighting to Moss Vale community Christmas carols - $1,000
Crookwell Services Women's Bowling Club - Purchase new bowling mats and jacks - $984
Warragamba Wombats Junior Rugby League Football Club - Assist in refurbishing the club house - $1,000
Goulburn Workers Small Bore Rifle Club Inc - Construct covered disabled access ramp and hand rail - $1,000
Crookwell CWA Day Branch - Purchase new crockery for functions and catering - $1,000
Oberon Men's Shed - Purchase and install new oven and cooktop - $1,000
Shoalhaven Pony Club Inc - Provide a covered area for shade - $1,000
Crookwell Historical Society - Purchase a digital projector and screen - $1,000
Shoalhaven Heads Community Forum - Undertake planting of new trees in village - $1,000
Yerrinbool Village Group Inc - Install outdoor table and seating at Yerrinbool Railway Garden - $1,000
Wingello Public School - Partnership with National Parks and Wildlife Service to develop bush tucker garden - $1,000
Celebrate Goulburn Inc - Purchase street banners and posters to promote community pride - $1,000
Southern Highlands Association of Women - Support #oneaday Cloth Nappy Project - $1,000
Braidwood Clean Energy Inc - Support to undertake Braidwood Energy Survey - $1,000
Gunning Focus, Arts Council and Community Group Inc - Purchase sound equipment for concerts and events - $760
The Disability Trust Goulburn - Purchase virtual reality system to provide clients with new experiences - $1,000
Regional Development Australia Southern Inland - Support Young Change Agents program for Goulburn and Crookwell high school students - $1,000
All Saints Community Care Incorporated - Purchase new outdoor furniture for client use - $1,000
Goulburn and Districts Arts and Crafts Inc - Purchase materials to assist in creation of care quilts for trauma victims - $1,000
Goulburn Community Health Service - Provide basic comfort items for children, young people and women escaping family violence - $1,000
Shoalhaven Heads Public School P&C Association - Establish a sensory garden with new native trees and pathway - $1,000
Tirranna Public School - Purchase two new shade cloths for playground - $1,000
Majors Creek Music Festival - Purchase bins to improve recycling, garbage, organics and return and earn waste separation at annual event - $1,000
Penrose Public School - Purchase furniture to allow for flexible learning options in classroom - $1,000
Gunning District Landcare - Caring for Endangered Southern Pygmy Perch program support - $1,000
Applications for round 1 of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s 2020 grant and donation program will open on 20 January 2020 with applications closing on 14 February 2020. Organisations interested in applying to the Veolia Mulwaree Trust for support for their community projects can apply via the website or phone the Trust office on 48222786 for further information.
For further information please contact the Veolia Mulwaree Trust office on 48222786 or [email protected]
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has allocated $199,281 in grant funding to sixteen community groups from across the region in its first funding round of 2019.
In addition to the grants, 58 organisations shared in $56,333 through the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s donation program (small projects to a maximum of $1000) in the recent funding round.
The successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant recipients are:
- Southern Tablelands Athletics Club will purchase new high jump mats for young athletes with a grant of $7,119.
- Goulburn Golf Course Crown Land Manager will construct an additional 220 metres of pathways in two areas of the land reserve through funding of $27,240.
- SDN Children's Services Lady McKell Goulburn will purchase a new smartboard for its ‘Introducing Technology’ program with assistance of $5,639.
- Tarago & District Show Society Inc will construct a new secure weather proof storage and performance facility at the showground with a grant of $16,370.
- Bungendore Public School P&C Association received a grant of $9,640 to construct a new all-weather bus shelter and excursion meeting point at the school.
- Bannister District Hall Association Inc will continue the upgrade of its community hall with the installation of new disabled toilets and received a grant of $12,000 for its project.
- Collector Memorial Hall Inc will have new unisex disabled toilets constructed as part of the ‘Access for all at Collector Hall’ project and received $18,637 in funding.
- Taralga Public School received a grant of $22,426 to develop a new ‘active adventure area’ for its students.
- Crookwell/Taralga Aged Care Ltd will purchase and install new electric beds at its Sunset Lodge facility to improve care for aged residents with a grant of $25,867.
- Wingecarribee Landcare and Bushcare Network Inc will complete the final stage of the Mount Gibraltar Heritage Reserve Stone Stairway Repair Project through a grant of $14,000.
- Volunteering Wingecarribee Inc will train seniors in technology with the assistance of local teenagers through its innovative ‘Teeniors’ program and $2,850 in funding from the Trust.
- Exeter Tennis Club Inc received a grant of $5,920 to construct a new practice wall at its facility.
- Wollondilly Shire Council will construct a new memorial including picnic seating at Razorback Mountain to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Truck Blockade with funding of $7,249.
- Shoalhaven District Football Association will refurbish the old amenities block at the South Nowra fields into a new storeroom facility and received $15,950 in grant assistance.
- Supported Accommodation & Homelessness Services Shoalhaven Illawarra (SAHSSI) Incorporated received $1,864 for new beds and furniture items at its Nowra Women’s Refuge.
- Milton Ulladulla Dog Training Club Inc will undertake improvements to its dog training agility area and received $6,510 to assist with the works.
Congratulations to the latest successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust donation recipients:
- Taralga 200 Inc - Support for Taste of Taralga Festival - $1,000
- Interchange Shoalhaven - Purchase equipment for Flair Adult Day Program - $1,000
- Crookwell Potato Festival Committee - Support for Crookwell Potato Festival - $1,000
- Rotary Club of Goulburn - Support of Southern Tablelands Science & Engineering Challenge - $1,000
- Shoalhaven Readers’ and Writers’ Festival Inc – Purchase of location banners for event - $970
- Goulburn and District Meals on Wheels Inc - Support for Meals on Wheels volunteers - $1,000
- Callala Community Garden Inc - Provide garden tools for community garden - $1,000
- Goulburn Girl Guides - Upgrade kitchen at guide hall - $1,000
- Paws Pet Therapy - Support for program volunteers (Goulburn Mulwaree, Wingecarribee, Wollondilly, Shoalhaven) - $1,000
- Dalton Public Hall Reserve Trust - Purchase of new fridge/freezer for Dalton Public Hall - $1,000
- Grandparent and Family Foster Carers Inc (Goulburn) -Support for Grandparent and Kinship Carer Support Group -$1,000
- Crookwell Garden Festival - Purchase five gazebos for festival - $1,000
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Australia - Goulburn Branch - Assistance to grant cherished wishes of local children with life-threatening illness - $1,000
- Culburra Dolphins Rugby League Football Club - New playing jerseys to reflect Local Indigenous Culture - $1,000
- Unit Support Committee TS Shoalhaven - Purchase of outboard motor propeller guards for cadet unit inflatable boats - $1,000
- Escape Artfest (Shoalhaven) - Support for Escape Artfest 2019 - $1,000
- Cancer Council NSW Goulburn - Support of Goulburn Relay For Life 2019 - $1,000
- StoryFest Inc (Shoalhaven) - Support for StoryFest 2019 Festival - $1,000
- Lyrebird Preschool Kindergarten Nowra East Inc - Assistance for mindfulness and meditation program - $1,000
- Can Assist Goulburn and District - Support for patients with cancer and their families - $1,000
- Callala Junior Sailing School Inc - Contribution toward replacement of safety boat - $1,000
- North Nowra Cambewarra Cricket Club – Supply long sleeve sun smart shirts for junior players - $500
- Goulburn Cycle Club - Support renewal of traffic control requirements - $1,000
- Riversdale - National Trust of Australia (NSW) (Goulburn) - Purchase materials for heritage photographic collection and collection records archival project - $1,000
- The Oaks Public School - Support 21st Century Learning Program with coding and robotics equipment - $1,000
- Worrigee Equestrian Common (Nowra) - Purchase of equipment for grounds maintenance - $1,000
- Harper's Mansion Management Committee (Berrima) - Purchase of new kitchenette appliances - $1,000
- Southern Highlands Vietnam Veteran Peacekeepers and Peacemakers Inc - Development of the history of the Vietnam War Memorial, Cherry Tree Walk, Settlers Park, Bowral - $600
- Shoalhaven Clay Target Club Inc - Construct new shade shelters - $1,000
- Burraga Recreation Reserve (Oberon) - Resurface concrete slab at sports oval - $1,000
- Braidwood Domestic Violence Interagency Group - Undertake public awareness campaign - $1,000
- Oberon and District Museum Society - Renovation of toilet block - $750
- Bungendore Country Music Muster Inc - Support 2020 Bungendore Country Music Muster - $1,000
- U3A Goulburn Mulwaree Inc - Purchase new book kits for read and connect scheme - $1,000
- Cancer Council NSW Southern Highlands - Southern Highlands Relay for Life 2020 - $1,000
- Wildlife Rescue South Coast Inc (Nowra) - Monitoring of native animal release site - $825
- Mulwaree Arts Inc - Provide air conditioning at venue - $1,000
- Hill Top Community Association - Assistance for community expo - $1,000
- Marulan Region Chamber of Commerce Inc - Support of town tourism project - $1,000
- Braidwood Girl Guides - Support of girl guides and leaders - $1,000
- Black Springs Public School (Oberon) - Provide new painted games on concrete areas - $1,000
- Central West Speleological Society (Oberon) - Purchase equipment to assist in caves and karst data collection - $1,000
- Moss Vale Public School P&C Association - Development of area for table tennis - $1,000
- Cancer Council NSW Milton Ulladulla - Relay for Life Milton Ulladulla 2019 - $1,000
- Crookwell Soccer Club - Purchase junior team shirts - $1,000
- Upper Lachlan Shire Council - Refresh Crookwell and Gunning library's non-fiction collections - $1,000
- Cancer Council NSW Nowra - Relay for Life Nowra 2020 - $1,000
- Lake George Men's Shed Inc - upport for shed operations in 2019 - $800
- Oberon Arts Council - Support of art project at Oberon MPS - $900
- WHAM (Wingecarribee Health Association for Men) - Power Up Men's Health Month - $1,000
- Huskisson Jervis Bay Food Network Inc - Support for local festival - $1,000
- Moss Vale High School - Equipment for Moss Vale High School community music performances - $988
- Tarago Landcare Group - Stewart Street Reserve planting for Tarago Village - $1,000
- Gunning Community Care - Additional support equipment for community nursing - $1,000
- Goulburn and District Chamber of Commerce - Support of Goulburn Connect program - $1,000
- Friends of the Mongarlowe River (Braidwood) - Digitising 30 years of history for public access - $1,000
- Goulburn Lilac City Festival Inc - Purchase of tent, banners, signage and flags - $1,000
- Quota Club of Goulburn - Support of Goulburn Quota Cops and Kids Program - $1,000
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust is pleased to support these community organisations and wishes them all the best with the successful completion of their projects.
Applications for round 2 of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s 2019 grant and donation program will open on 3 July with applications closing on 28 August 2019. Organisations interested in applying to the Veolia Mulwaree Trust for support for their community projects can apply via https://mulwareetrust.smartygrants.com.au/ or phone the Trust office on 48222786 for further information.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust congratulates the following organisations for their successful grant and donation applications in the latest round of Trust funding.
Twenty five community organisations will undertake a wide range of projects across the region after receiving assistance from the Veolia Mulwaree Trust. The nine successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant recipients are:
Robertson and District Rugby League Football Club for the installation of a new electronic scoreboard at Robertson Showground - $4,649
Endeavour Industries Goulburn will upgrade the dryers for their laundry service - $18,980
Budawang Special School will purchase an eyegaze device to support the ‘I can't talk but I can communicate’ project - $12,237
Oberon University of the Third Age will purchase a data projector and motorised multimedia screen - $2,000
Wingecarribee Adult Day Care Centres for the Carribee Centre Extension Appeal – kitchen project - $21,505
Community Management Committee of the Braidwood Old Anglican Hall to undertake essential improvements to Braidwood's Old Anglican Hall - $16,060
Crookwell Progress Association will complete the Crookwell Community Garden fencing project - $13,199
Tomerong School of Arts for the construction of a disabled toilet facility - $10,230
Tarago Preschool Association towards the upgrade of the playground surface with new softfall and synthetic grass -$22,871
The following 16 community organisations were successful in receiving donations (small projects to a maximum of $1000) in the latest funding round:
Canyonleigh Community Association - Beautification of village entrance - $1,000
Tarago CWA - Purchase audio visual equipment for the Tarago CWA rooms - $1,000
Windellama Progress Association - Support for Windellama Small Farms Field Day - $1,000
St Stephen’s Uniting Church Marulan - Assistance to upgrade hall toilets - $1,000
Kenmore Hospital Goulburn - Development of a sensory garden for dementia patients - $1,000
Marulan CWA - Improvements to Marulan CWA facilities - $1,000
St Aidan's Village Church Oberon - Maintenance of windows at heritage listed church - $1,000
Goulburn Community Garden - Upgrade of composting area facilities and new paved area - $1,000
Marine Rescue Ulladulla - Purchase of resuscitation equipment - $630
Burrawang Rural Fire Brigade - Purchase of automatic fire pole winch equipment - $1,000
St Michael's Primary School P&F Nowra - Purchase of marquees for school events - $1,000
Goulburn Crookwell Heritage Railway Inc - Purchase of specialist tools for track maintenance - $1,000
Goulburn Rodeo Club - Purchase of safety equipment - $1,000
Two Fires Festival of Arts and Activism Braidwood – Support for 2019 Two Fires Festival - $1,000
St Matthew’s Anglican Church Hall Dalton - Concrete access path to disabled amenities block - $1,000
The Oaks Community Chamber of Commerce - Support Light Up The Oaks Christmas festival - $1,000
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust is pleased to support the above organisations and wishes them all the best with the successful completion of their projects.
Applications for round 1 of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s 2019 grant and donation program will open on Wednesday 30 January 2019. Organisations interested in applying to the Veolia Mulwaree Trust for support for their community projects should visit the Trust’s website at www.mulwareetrust.org.au or phone the Trust office on 48222786 for further information.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust congratulates the following organisations for their successful grant and donation applications in the latest round of Trust funding.
45 community organisations will undertake a wide range of projects across the region after receiving assistance from the Veolia Mulwaree Trust. The 21 successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant recipients are:
- Table Tennis Goulburn Incorporated to install a disabled toilet at sporting facility - $7,500
- Goulburn West Public School for installation of new primary playground equipment - $29,681
- Tarago Sporting Association Incorporated for the development of TSAI Memorial Park - $60,513
- Upper Lachlan Shire Council to construct new Clifton Park toilet block in Crookwell - $45,082
- Bigga Hall 355 Committee to assist with the Bigga Hall beautification project - $14,248
- Laggan Memorial Hall Trust for the Laggan Memorial Hall tea room and hall furnishing - $5,000
- Breadalbane Hall and Park Committee to construct the north patio at Breadalbane Hall - $7,855
- Nerriga Progress & Sporting Association Incorporated for the Nerriga Hall footpath project - $5,900
- Braidwood Showground 355 Committee to replace the main showground arena boundary fence - $9,496
- Bungendore Branch Country Women’s Association for the Hall upgrade and kitchen replacement - $7,823
- Moss Vale Pony Club to refurbish the arena and upgrade equipment - $15,990
- Exeter Village Association Incorporated for enhancement of the Exeter War Memorial - $3,850
- Milton Ulladulla Model Railway Club’s South Coast Railway History Museum construction project - $18,000
- Milton District Branch Country Women’s Association for heating and insulation of Milton CWA hall- $5,208
- Huskisson Community Centre for the construction of new internal storage cupboard- $3,200
- Milton Ulladulla Men’s Shed Incorporated to assist with the final stage of new shed construction- $29,736
- The Oaks Historical Society for the kitchenette upgrade project - $5,856
- St Marks Anglican Church Picton to assist with the Pioneer Cemetery restoration - $15,640
- Picton District Branch Country Women’s Association to assist with transport and signage - $2,489
- Tahmoor District Cricket Club’s new practice and playing facilities at Tahmoor Sports Ground - $30,725
- Jindelara Services Incorporated to purchase new equipment for Jindelara Cottage - $1,424
The following 34 community organisations were successful in receiving donations (small projects to a maximum of $1000) in the latest funding round:
- Crossroads Rural Fire Brigade purchase of high pressure cleaner $499
- Goulburn Workers Small Bore Rifle Club Inc upgrade of Small Bore Range - $1,000
- Lions Club of Crookwell Inc purchase a computer to assist in maintaining Club’s financial records - $1,000
- Shoalhaven Defence Families Association Incorporated assistance in operating Kookaburra Retreat - $1,000
- Nowra Albatross Vikings AFL Club purchase of equipment to make 2018 season female-friendly - $1,000
- Golden Oldies Animal Rescue provide veterinary care, transport and support to animal foster carers - $1,000
- Milton/Ulladulla Stamp Club update copy of world stamp catalogue - $670
- Goulburn District Beekeepers Club purchase equipment for public displays - $1,000
- South Coast United Mountain Bikers Incorporated new signage to improve safety at local trails - $1,000
- St Nick's Patchwork Group purchase materials to complete quilts for local charity - $1,000
- Yanderra Public School create games painted on the concrete for children to play and learn - $1,000
- Anglican Parish of Braidwood replace guttering at St Stephen's Church Major's Creek - $1,000
- Shoalhaven Netball Association assistance for teams attending the Netball State Championships - $1,000
- Monaro Archers – Bungendore purchase targets and maintenance equipment - $1,000
- Girl Guides Association NSW Bowral Trefoil Guild support for celebrations to mark 70th anniversary - $800
- Goulburn Soldiers Social Dance Club Inc Support for hall hire to allow group activities to continue -$1,000
- New Dalton Community & District Association commence rehabilitation of area in Dalton - $1,000
- Oberon Tarana Heritage Railway Inc refurbish the group's historic plough van - $1,000
- Friends of Hill Top War Memorials Inc supply new tables for the War Memorial Hall - $1,000
- Milton Pony Club clear western and eastern club boundary and renew external fencing - $1,000
- Southern Tablelands Athletics Club Inc buy equipment such as hurdles, shotput, javelin and discus -$1,000
- Tahmoor District Netball Club purchase enclosed trailer to store equipment -$1,000
- Bigga Public School P & C Association purchase new reader books for students - $1,000
- Peanuts Funny Farm Inc supply educational equipment about rural living and fire awareness -$1,000
- Wingello Village Association Incorporated purchase screening plants for Railway Parade Wingello - $1,000
- Shoalhaven Heads Public School P&C Association installation of irrigation and flooring in greenhouse - $690
- Shoalhaven Parkinson's Support Group-Nowra support ongoing costs of exercise programmes -$1,000
- Picton & District Historical and Family History Society purchase new equipment - $1,000
- Berrima District Pony Club update and repair show jumping equipment and cross country jumps -$1,000
- Shoalhaven Rowing Club develop safety awareness program for Club's towers and river users - $1,000
- Robertson Men's Shed Inc clear area of trees and shrubs to allow for the construction of men’s shed - $1,000
- Goulburn and District Arts and Crafts Inc support creative needles group to make quilts for charity - $1,000
- Gunning District Landcare purchase a single tyne ripper for preparing ground for native tree lines - $670
- Crookwell Christmas in the Park Committee support for Crookwell's annual Christmas event -$1,000
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust is pleased to support the above organisations and wishes them all the best with the successful completion of their projects.
Applications for round 2 of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s 2018 grant and donation program will open on Monday 2 July 2018. Organisations interested in applying to the Veolia Mulwaree Trust for support for their community projects should visit the Trust’s website at www.mulwareetrust.org.au or phone the Trust office on 48222786 for further information.