Veolia Mulwaree Trust announces first funding recipients of 2022
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has granted over $256,000 to 51 local community groups and organisations, in the first round of funding announced for 2022.
Of the successful applicants, 14 projects have received significant grants and 37 small projects have received donations, all of which will go toward bettering local communities.
Successful community organisations were presented with their grants in Goulburn on 3 May and the projects to be undertaken will improve sport and recreation facilities, support local preschoolers and school children, enhance local safety and improve care for the elderly.
Justin Houghton, chairman of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust, and manager of Veolia’s Woodlawn Eco Precinct said announcing the funding recipients is one of the most rewarding parts of his job.
“We hold this day with pride because the work we do at the Woodlawn Eco Precinct enables us to continue to support the local community through the Trust.
To date, the Trust has contributed over $12.7M to more than 1500 local projects, and with every round of applications, locals show us how passionate they are about improving their communities.
Congratulations to the recipients in this funding round, we look forward to seeing your projects come to life and the positive impacts they will bring,” he said.
The successful grant projects are:
Tarago Sporting Association Inc - Walking track upgrade at the Tarago Recreation Area, $73,300
Tarago and District Show Society - Construction of sheltered horse yards, $9,455
Berry Riding Club Inc - Construction of a new round yard, $3,000
North Shoalhaven Meals on Wheels Ltd - Purchase of a blast chiller for improved meal preparation, $12,432
Goulburn Golf Course Crown Land Manager - Path improvement project, $6,837
Goulburn Community Radio Association Inc - Purchase of outdoor broadcast system to support community events, $8,941
All Saints Community Care Inc - Development of community garden and security fence project, $5,000
Taralga and District Progress Association - Installation of shade cloth at Goodhew Park play equipment, $15,613
Tully Park Early Birds Golf Club - New cart and walking path project, $9,710
Rotary Club of Picton - Glenrock Reserve Revitalisation Project, $6,297
SDN Lady McKell Children's Services Goulburn - New furniture and resources to support cultural programs, $4,960
Jervis Bay Sailing Club Inc - Safety boat motor replacement, $9,810
Goulburn North Public School - Upgrade basketball court to multi-purpose sports facility, $30,000
Binda Recreation Reserve Land Manager - New picnic tables as part of area upgrade, $11,805
In addition, 37 successful small projects have shared in almost $50,000 in contributions through the Trust’s donation program, including:
Tarago Area Women's Shed
Warragamba Silverdale Neighbourhood Centre
Colo Vale Community Association Inc
Bundanoon Community Association
Celebrate Goulburn Group Inc
Braidwood Life Centre Inc
Gearys Gap Pony Club
Gunning and District Preschool Inc
Wingello Village Association
Sussex Inlet Football Club
Milton Pony Club Inc
Goulburn Gem and Lapidary Club Inc
Southern Highlands Community Transport
Southern Highlands Sailing Club
Crookwell Community Garden
Upper Lachlan Landcare Inc
Callala Community Garden
Shoalhaven High School
Araluen Recreation Reserve Land Manager
Kangaloon Public School
Argyle Model Railway Society Inc
Mulwaree Aboriginal Community Inc
St Paul's Primary School P&F Moss Vale
Gunning Pony Club
Sussex Inlet District Cricket Club Inc
The Crescent School
Goulburn and District Arts and Crafts Inc
Collector Memorial Hall Inc
Anglican Parish of Braidwood
MBK United Soccer Club
Taralga Pony Club Inc
Shoalhaven City Council
Lions Club of Gunning Inc
Rapid Relief Team
Goulburn Local Aboriginal Education Consultative Group
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust was established in 2004 to support community initiatives, with a specific focus on Tarago, the town in which Veolia operates its Woodlawn Eco Precinct.
The second funding round of 2022 is now open and application forms are available via Smartygrants. Applications will close on 8 June.
For more information regarding applying to the Trust’s funding programs visit, and to check eligibility visit https://mulwareetrust.smartygrants.com.au
2022 Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships awarded for 15th year
Celebrating 15 years of its prestigious Creative Arts Scholarship initiative, the Veolia Mulwaree Trust has named three new artists as the recipients of the $3,000 scholarships to better their artistic disciplines.
The winners include:
Bonnie Curtis - a choreographer and performer from Bargo, who will use the funding to participate in the Vienna International Dance Festival in July and August this year.
Kate McKay - a ceramic artist from Collector who will use the funding to purchase equipment to extend her practice, work toward a new exhibition and facilitate workshops to teach others.
The Mike Baker Organ Trio - a three piece band from Goulburn who will use the funding to record an album of original compositions.
Two of the artists received their scholarships from Veolia Creative Arts Scholarship Patron Jennifer Lamb at a presentation held in Goulburn earlier this week.
“The Veolia Creative Arts Scholarship is one of only a limited number of scholarship opportunities available to rural and regional artists, and I am very proud that since 2008 it has supported 53 local artists to pursue their creative endeavours over the past 15 years,” Ms Lamb said.
Through the length of the Veolia Creative Arts Scholarship, artists have been supported in the fields of dance, theatre, drawing, printmaking, textile art, painting, digital art, writing, music composition and performance, ceramics, creative design and photography.
Artists in any discipline across the region are encouraged to consider applying for the scholarship in 2023. The Veolia Creative Arts Scholarship program will be accepting applications early next year with dates and further information available at www.veolia.com or by phoning (02) 4822 2786.
Presentation Photo: Attending the presentation of the Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships for 2022 were, from left, Scholarship Patron Jennifer Lamb, 2022 scholarship recipients, musicians Garth Prentice and Michael Baker from the Mike Baker Trio and ceramist Kate McKay, and panel member Rose Marin, Executive Officer of Southern Tablelands Arts. Absent are 2022 scholarship recipient Bonnie Curtis and scholarship panel member Vanessa Seaton.
About the artists
Bonnie Curtis – 2022 Veolia Creative Arts Study Scholarship, $3000
Bonnie Curtis is a choreographer and performer in works for live performance, film and installation.
Bonnie blends dance, theatre, comedy, audience interaction and performance arts to explore themes of gender, disability, body image, and the human condition. Her distinct style uses confronting imagery to question perceptions of beauty and grotesque. Her use of comedy and audience interaction allows audiences to engage and digest challenging topics at the heart of her work while remaining playful at heart.
Her creations and collaborations have appeared at festivals and events internationally and throughout Australia including at ImPulsTanz, MuMoK (AT), Girona Film Festival (ES), Quadstock Music Festival (US).
Bonnie is the founder and Artistic Director of dance company Bonnie Curtis Projects.
Kate McKay – 2022 Veolia Creative Arts Practice Scholarship, $3000
Kate McKay is a regional ceramic artist with her studio on Ngunnawal country, very close to the village of Collector, not far from Lake George (Weereewa). McKay's foundational practice predominantly revolves around an intense focus on process. From that, opportunities for exploration beyond the functional realm present themselves. McKay is mostly known for her stoneware cups, plates and bowls and other functional objects. McKay's studio is a 19th century shearing shed, an environment that grounds her practice in an appreciation of the humility associated with well crafted hand made artisanal and purposeful practice. The studio is shared with her father, fellow potter, Alan Howard.
She uses a Bernard Leach designed kick wheel, manually propelled by McKay kicking it along as she throws. Manually propelled wheels are a rarity in contemporary ceramic practice, but as McKay says it is a beautiful way to keep the gentle throwing lines alive. McKay gets satisfaction seeing her creations used in everyday life, for the special moments in daily rituals, a cup of tea, that morning coffee or sharing a meal with friends.
The Mike Baker Trio – 2022 Veolia Creative Arts Practice Scholarship, $3000
The Mike Baker Organ Trio (MBO3) is a 3 piece band based in Goulburn which performs a repertoire of funk and groove-based pieces in the authentic Hammond organ trio format, a format popularised in the 1950s and 60s by artists such as Jimmy Smith and Booker T and the MGs.
MBO3 draws inspiration from these pioneers by re-stylising standards and pop tunes instrumentally, while applying a liberal dose of funky goodness. By favouring a groove-based approach to repertoire over one that is song-based, The Mike Baker Organ Trio creates a refreshing musical environment that is ideally suited to a “chilled” social setting. An album of original tunes is in the works.
Members are Mike Baker (organ), Garth Prentice (guitar) and Thomas Dawson (drums).
For further information please contact the Veolia Mulwaree Trust on [email protected] or (02) 4822 2786.
2021 Round 2 Funding Recipients
Funding Round two and three, 2021 recipients announced
The successful projects set to receive grant funding include:
- Tarago Public School will receive a grant of $91,844 toward the cost of the construction of a new modern and safe playground that will suit all ages and abilities. The school and P&C are also contributing to this exciting project.
- The Trust will continue its support of the Tarago District Men's Shed which will construct new fencing on the community block adjacent to the shed with assistance of $1,725 as well as installing a dust extraction system with a $3,395 grant.
- The Trust has supported Goulburn West Public School to install a new LED electronic sign to improve its communication and engagement with families and the wider community. The school’s year 6 students have been raising money toward the project as a gift to the school, and the Trust is pleased to support their efforts with a grant of $12,000.
- The Upper Lachlan Wood Guild Inc, based in Gunning, will purchase a new bandsaw and dust extractor for members to have better access to machinery. The Trust has granted $3,509 to assist in the purchase.
- The Braidwood Old Sunday School Hall Association Inc will continue the restoration and refurbishment of the Old Anglican Hall Braidwood with the Trust providing $13,462 in funding toward the new kitchen in stage 2 of the project.
- The Trust has supported the new adventure playground to be constructed at Bungendore Park with a grant of $12,000 toward new picnic facilities. Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council is undertaking the works to provide an inclusive, all-ages recreation facility.
- Catholic Parish of St Mary's Star of the Sea Milton will receive a grant of $10,125 toward its kitchen upgrade at the Parish Hall Ulladulla. The new kitchen will support programs of providing meals to the disadvantaged and homeless in the community in conjunction with local agencies.
- Continuing its 16-year history of support of the Cancer Council NSW, the Trust will provide $10,000 to ensure the major fundraising Relay For Life events in Goulburn and Nowra are successful in 2022.
- The Tarago Preschool Association will be supported to upgrade its roof and install solar panels through a grant of $19,226.
- The Trust will contribute to the new Braidwood Skatepark project at the Braidwood Recreation Ground by supporting the Braidwood Community Association’s application for new barbecue facilities through an $18,229 grant.
- The Trust will assist the Tarago and District Progress Association to undertake the final stage of upgrading the electrical services at the Tarago Hall, as part of ongoing support for the facility. A grant of $5,386 will be provided for the work.
- Grandstand seating will be provided at the Cookbundoon Sportsground in Goulburn with the Southern Tablelands Football Association successful in securing an $11,540 grant for the project.
- Mulwaree High School will develop a High-Performance Training Centre through $14,220 in funding. The school’s 940 students will benefit from having a quality gymnasium on school grounds.
- The Trust will contribute $50,000 to Upper Lachlan Shire Council’s Inclusive Playspace at Coleman Park, a major project which will provide an accessible and welcoming play area in the heart of Crookwell.
- The 300 students who attend weekly classes at the Bowral and District Art Society Inc will benefit from the upgrade of three workshops at the gallery through $10,698 in Trust funding.
- The Trust is supporting the Hill Top Community Association Inc’s Beautification and Enhancement project through a grant of $6,141 toward the installation of a new BBQ in the village park, which is used for many community activities.
- The Bundanoon Men's Shed will have fire stairs installed to its first-floor area as part of an Fire Safety Upgrade project at the facility. The Trust will provide $7,550 toward the works.
- A new awning (Cola) will be erected over the existing terrace seating at the Douglas Park Recreation Reserve Management Committee. The $23,000 grant toward the awning will provide protection and comfort to the many users of the sportsground.
- The Buxton Community Association’s project to renovate the toilets at the Buxton Community Hall will be supported with $3,750 in funding.
The 47 successful small projects ($1,000 or less) to receive contributions through the Trust’s donation program include:
- Mulwaree CWA - Support of Pink Ribbon Breakfast $1,000
- The New Dalton Community & District Association Inc - Managing Oolong Creek Park Environs $1,000
- St Nick's Patchwork Group (St Nicholas Parish of North Goulburn) - Provision of Quilt Wadding for Anglicare Emergency Housing Quilts $1,000
- North Nowra Girl Guide Unit - Upgrades to the North Nowra Girl Guide Hall $1,000
- Yanderra Public School - Provide defibrillator for community use $1,000
- The Oaks Historical Society - Spruce up of Wollondilly Heritage Centre $1,000
- Nerriga Craft & Museum Centre - Creation of Postcard Book $1,000
- Illaroo Road Public School - Bush Tucker Garden $1,000
- Tarago Sporting Association Incorporated - Support of ongoing activities $1,000
- Moss Vale Public School - National Parks and Wildlife Service Bush Tucker Garden Project $1,000
- Crookwell and District Historical Society - Storage shed for equipment $1,000
- Goulburn Ajax Colts Hockey Club Inc - Purchase of new training equipment - $1,000
- Gunning 200 Sub-Committee (Gunning PA&I Society) - Gunning 200 Bicentennial Celebrations $1,000
- Havenlee School for Specific Purposes (SSP) - Support of balance bikes project - $1,000
- Goulburn AP&H Society - Quilt and art exhibition hangers $1,000
- Gunning District Landcare - Purchase of essential electronic resources $1,000
- Oberon Health Council (Western NSW Local Health District) - Oberon Community Healthy Lifestyle project $1,000
- Noah's Inclusion Services - Learning about Country on Country $1,000
- Braidwood National Theatre & Community Centre S355 Committee - Support of community music concert $1,000
- Collector Public School - Purchase of greenhouse for outdoor learning $970
- Shoalhaven City Council - Thrive Together Fair - as part of Homelessness Week 2021 - for people doing it tough in the Shoalhaven $1,000
- Tarago CWA Day Branch - Provide AED for Tarago CWA Rooms $1,000
- Oberon Showground Land Manager - Purchase new chairs for hall $1,000
- Oberon Christian Life Centre - Purchase kitchen supplies for drop-in centre $1,000
- Wollondilly Knights Australian Football Club - Purchase new equipment and BBQ $1,000
- Dalton District Archers Inc - Support of come and try day $1,000
- Oberon District Little Athletics Centre - Purchase new equipment $1,000
- Exeter Public School - Establish Aboriginal garden and learning space $600
- Milton Ulladulla Croquet Club - Purchase of 6 Quadway Croquet Hoops $1,000
- Exeter Soccer Club Inc - Purchase new training equipment $960
- Two Fires Festival of Arts and Activism Inc - Cultures Connecting $1,000
- Gunning & District Historical Society Incorporated - Getting the "Wilton" Gunning sulky back on the road $1,000
- Anglican Parish of Binda - Binda Community Carols $1,000
- Vincentia High School - yiliga-miraral - Support Squad Mural $1,000
- The Legacy Club of Goulburn Incorporated - 2021 Legacy Annual Appeal $1,000
- Can Assist Goulburn & District Branch - Fundraising Support $1,000
- Milton Ulladulla Rugby League Football Club - New Fence $1,000
- Marine Rescue NSW - Kioloa Unit - Smart TV Monitor for Training Room $1,000
- Integrated Violence Abuse and Neglect Services (IVANS) - NSW Health (Goulburn) - Integrated Violence and Neglect resources $1,000
- Culburra Beach Progress Association Inc - Security support for Culburra Beach and Districts Men's Shed $1,000
- Picton and District Historical and Family History Society Inc - Digitising our pictorial past $600
- Taralga Golf Club Inc - Extension of Machinery Shed $1,000
- Red Cross Bowral - Dhungung (Food) Share $1,000
- Balmoral Village Association - Balmoral Village Native Community Garden Project $994
- Bay and Basin Cricket Club Inc - Upgrade Junior Team Kits and Safety Equipment $1,000
- Crookwell and District Ladies Dog Sports Club - Equipment Purchase $1,000
Majors Creek Festival Inc - Majors Creek Festival Water Storage $1,000
2021 Round 1 Funding Recipients
Funding Round One, 2021 recipients announced
Community organisations including rural fire brigades, service clubs and sporting groups are among the groups that have received funding in the latest Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant round.
Twelve groups will undertake a variety of projects following successful grant applications to the Trust. Projects include:
- Tarago’s community hall will be refreshed with the interior painted and floors sanded. Tarago and District Progress Association will manage the project supported by a $24,330 Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant.
- A $5,544 grant will enable the Tarago CWA of NSW Day Branch to install solar power at Tarago CWA Rooms, reducing operational costs for members.
- The Lions Club of Marulan & District Inc will undertake a revamp of the memorial pathway at Meridian Park with a grant of $2,910. The path’s pavers feature the names of many local families from the Marulan district.
- A new mosaic welcome mat will greet visitors to the Lieder Theatre in Goldsmith Street Goulburn. The work is being undertaken as part of a council footpath upgrade. The project is supported by $2,500 from the Trust as well as funding from Southern Tablelands Arts.
- Gundary Bushfire Brigade will add a new two-bay shed to increase its capacity for training and equipment storage. The Trust has supported the fire shed extension with $18,390 in financial support.
- More than 200 members of the Crookwell Bowling Clubs will benefit from the Club purchasing its own aerator machine to maintain its greens. Crookwell Men's Bowling Club will manage the project with assistance of $7,976 from the Trust.
- Maintaining the community-owned Bigga Cemetery and Bigga Golf Club will be easier with the purchase of a new mower. The Trust has provided a grant of $6,899 to support the purchase of this community equipment.
- The 700 members of the Moss Vale and District Basketball Association Inc will enjoy a safer facility with the installation of improved CCTV and security. The Trust is providing $4,422 in funding, with the NSW Government also funding the project.
- The Bowral Uniting Church will install a defibrillator at its complex to provide safety for its many community users. The Trust will assist with $2,205 in funding.
- Robertson Rural Fire Brigade will undertake the fit out of new 4WD vehicle generously donated to the brigade following last year’s devastating bushfires. The Trust has provided $5,460 to support the project.
- The Ulladulla Gymnastics Club will install a tumbling harness and rope climbing set above their new foam pit located at the Dunn and Lewis Centre, with the assistance of a $4,000 Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant.
- Murramarang Community Garden Inc will undertake its ‘Mowbility’ project to better maintain its two hectare site and improve wheelchair access. The group will purchase an electric ride on mower, to be powered by the garden’s solar panels, with a grant of $4,000.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has also provided funding to 26 local organisations for small projects ($1,000 or less) with funding through the Trust’s donation program:
- Crookwell Potato Festival Committee - Purchase of mobile storage container facility, $1,000
- Oberon Tarana Heritage Railway Inc - Purchase essential kitchen equipment, $1,000
- Penrose Tennis Club Inc - Purchase equipment for learning and safe play, $870
- Rotary Club of Goulburn - Southern Tablelands Science & Engineering Challenge, $1,000
- Tarago Men's Shed Association Inc - Tarago Men's Shed community and member support, $500
- Upper Lachlan Shire Council - Revitalising Gunning Library's children's collection, $1,000
- Shoalhaven Mental Health Rehabilitation Service - Support Get Healthy Exercise Group, $935
- Albatross Musical Theatre Company - Support Alice in Wonderland production at Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre, $1,000
- Marulan CWA - Construction of new back fence at CWA rooms, $1,000
- Berrima District Historical & Family History Society Inc - Preservation of historical newspaper collection, $1,000
- Bungendore Rural Fire Service - Purchase of knapsacks for use on brigade trucks, $889
- Crookwell CWA Day Branch - Support Crookwell CWA 100 year celebration, $1,000
- Warragamba Silverdale Neighbourhood Centre Inc - Support Warragamba Seniors in our Nature program, $1,000
- Dalton Public Hall Reserve Land Manager - Support landscaping for Dalton Public Hall, $1,000
- Laggan Memorial Hall Trust - Install new water tank at Laggan Memorial Hall, $1,000
- Currarong Community Association Inc - Upgrade female toilets at Currarong Community Hall, $1,000
- Shoalhaven Defence Families Association Inc - Construct storage shed at Kookaburra Retreat, $1,000
- Collector Pot Black Club - Support for Collector's community bus, $1,000
- Make A Wish Foundation of Australia - Goulburn Branch - Support for local program providing wishes for seriously ill children, $1,000
- Laggan Public School - Safety and sustainability upgrade of outdoor area, $1,000
- Tarago and District Show Society Inc - Support for 2021 community event program, $1,000
- Lions Club of Bundanoon Inc - Indigenous Bush Tucker Gardens in Primary Schools Project, $1,000
- Zone 27 Pony Club Inc - Provide body protectors as shared equipment for Southern Tablelands Pony Clubs, $1,000
- Sussex Inlet Men’s Shed Inc - Support IT upgrade at men's shed, $1,000
- Towrang Community Hall Reserve Land Manager - Support roof repairs at Towrang Hall, $1,000
- Crookwell Rugby Union Club - Provide marquee for community use, $1,000
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust congratulates all the above organisations and looks forward to these projects providing a wide range of benefits for the local community.
2020 Round 2 Funding Recipients
Funding Round 2, 2020 Recipients announced
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust will support 39 local community organisations with a wide range of local projects through $270,483 in funding distributed recently.
Eighteen organisations have been successful through the Trust’s grant program:
Tarago Public School will install bright new playground markings for education and fitness activities for its students throughout the playground with the help of a $12,190 grant.
The Tarago Hall will have air-conditioning installed and the kitchen upgraded with a grant of $50,785 from the Veolia Mulwaree Trust and the financial support of the Tarago and District Progress Association (TADPAI).
The Crescent School in Goulburn received a grant of $24,687 to complete its Secure Sensory Walkways Project, providing an accessible and safe new playground area for students.
Community Links Wellbeing Inc in the Wollondilly area will provide musical instruments for music therapy sessions for its clients through a grant of $1,514.
Students at Oberon Public School will soon enjoy improved outdoor facilities with the school undertaking the Magnificent Playground Project which the Trust has supported with $9,831 in funding.
A grant of $23,200 was presented to the Tarago and District Show Society Inc which will undertake a much-needed upgrade to the food and beverage outlet at Tarago Showground in time for next year’s show.
Marulan Public School is excited to be installing new playground equipment which will be enjoyed by the students. The Trust will assist the school and its P&C to complete the project with a grant of $11,000.
$5,000 was presented to Oberon Council toward the Oberon Bicentenary Tapestries conservation framing project. The tapestries were a major local Bicentenary project and will be preserved for many more years of enjoyment by the local community.
Gunning Swimming Pool will undergo a major shade and seating project ready for the hot summer months, with the Trust contributing $49,107 to Upper Lachlan Shire Council to assist with the improvements.
The Trust is pleased to support the Hume Conservatorium of Music with the fit out of its new multi-purpose Creative Precinct facility by providing $10,000 toward the purchase of new seating.
Picton CWA members have been busy in lockdown creating poppy wreaths for six locations throughout the Wollondilly shire including local nursing homes and RSL Sub Branches. The Trust has supported their efforts by providing a grant of $1,320 to provide six memorial boxes for the displays.
Tarago Pony Club which has recently reformed after many years will be able to update its equipment with the Veolia Mulwaree Trust supporting the group with a $3,376 in funding.
A new electronic school sign will soon be installed to improve communications and promotions at Goulburn East Public School following a grant of $12,000 provided by the Trust.
Tarago Sporting Association Inc will provide extra storage in the sports pavilion at Tarago Recreation Area through a grant of $6,138.
Reedy Creek Equestrian Club will be able to transport its equipment to its many sites throughout the region with the Trust granting $5,000 toward the purchase of a new trailer.
Wollondilly Pony Club Inc will undertake the much-needed refurbishment and upgrade of pony club cross country course at Tahmoor thanks to a $12,305 Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant.
Nowra’s Cerebral Palsy Alliance will purchase new Magic Carpet technology equipment to assist people with disabilities. The Trust has contributed $5,000 toward the equipment.
The Trust also presented $7,165 to the Cancer Council NSW to support the 2020 Goulburn Relay Your Way event held last month and 2021 Nowra Relay for Life, continuing many years of support to the Cancer Council dating back to 2006.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has also provided funding to 21 local organisations for small projects ($1000 or less) with funding through the Trust’s donation program:
Aboriginal Education Consultative Group Goulburn - Support Goulburn AECG Deadly Encouragement awards $1,000
Mittagong Cricket Club Inc - Purchase new bowling machine for training junior players $975
Glenquarry Public School - Establish bush tucker garden and meeting place with associated educational signage $1,000
Small Farms Network Capital Region Inc - Establish wildlife camera loan program $1,000
1st Gunning Scout Group - Replacement of sporting and hiking equipment $1,000
Community Energy For Goulburn Inc - Provide office equipment and banners for Community Energy for Goulburn (CE4G) $990
Goulburn Strikers Football Club Inc - Provide support of Strikers Kickstart Youth Program $1,000
St Saviour's Cathedral Goulburn - Cemetery Friends Volunteers - Assist volunteers undertaking work to enhance St Saviour’s historic cemetery $1,000
Tuena Hall and Recreation Area Committee - Purchase garden equipment to maintain area around the Tuena Hall $1,000
Challenge Southern Highlands - Establish coffee shop in centre to offer skills and training for supported employees $1,000
Nowra High School - Purchase resources to establish bush tucker and integrated cultural learning memorial garden $1,000
Tarago CWA - Install new path to building entry $1,000
Lifeline Macarthur - Support training of two volunteers in crisis support services $1,000
Braidwood Life Centre Inc - Establish children's garden bed in therapeutic garden $1,000
Windellama Progress Association Hall Inc - Purchase AED for community hall $1,000
CanAssist Goulburn and District Branch - Support of patients with cancer and their families $1,000
Gunning Public School P&C Association - Provide resources for Gunning Public School students $1,000
Gunning District Community and Health Service Inc - Provide chair scale for use in community nursing clinic $1,000
Goulburn Crookwell Heritage Railway Inc - Transport of Heritage Railway Pay Bus vehicles to Crookwell Railway precinct $1,000
Nowra Athletics Club - Purchase new javelin equipment $1,000
ImaginArta - the Australian Puppet Centre Inc (Sutton Forest) - Provide materials for free community puppetry workshops $900
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust congratulates all the above organisations and looks forward to these projects providing a wide range of benefits for the local community.
2020 Round 1 Funding Recipients
2020 Round 1 recipients announced
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust will support 16 local community organisations with a wide range of local projects, through $173,666 in funding distributed recently.
Tarago Men's Shed Association Inc will receive support to develop stage two of its shed project with various external building works and the purchase of workshop machinery and equipment, with the Trust contributing $35,310.
The Tarago Hall will receive a new roof complete with solar panels through a project to be undertaken by the Tarago and District Progress Association Inc (TADPAI), supported with a $37,186 grant from the Veolia Mulwaree Trust.
Goulburn South Public School is developing ‘South's Friendship Park’, providing a safe space with interactive equipment particularly for children with additional needs in the school playground. The park will also be open to the community. The Trust is proud to be partnering with Goulburn South in this exciting project with a grant of $38,709.
The Trust will also support Shoalhaven City Council’s new inclusive playground development at Plantation Point and will provide a grant of $21,000 for the installation of new Liberty Swing as part of the project.
The Southern Highlands Hockey complex at Welby will benefit from three new spectator shelters providing all-weather protection for players and supporters. The Trust agreed to provide $15,207 to assist this project.
North Shoalhaven Meals on Wheels is undertaking a major upgrade to its kitchen to enable it to provide hot and frozen meals for its frail aged clients and people with a disability. The Trust was pleased to provide support through a grant of $11,450 toward the installation of a new combi oven.
The Goulburn Tennis Club will upgrade its existing lighting to LED across all 10 courts at the complex and the Trust will provide $4,895 in funding to assist.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust will continue to support the region’s DreamCricket Day which provides children with a disability the opportunity to participate in a fun day of sport. The Trust will provide a donation of $2,000 toward the event organised by the Rotary Club of Bowral-Mittagong Inc.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has also supported a number of smaller projects with funding through its donation program.
Upper Lachlan Landcare Inc will purchase a new gazebo for use in its outdoor activities with the support of $919 from the Trust.
The Trust agreed to provide a donation of $1,000 to the Oberon Garden Club toward the Botanica Program event to be held in 2021, postponed from 2020.
Sanctuary Point Public School will construct protection over the school's fruit trees and planting area with a donation of $1,000.
St Nick's Patchwork Group in Goulburn will continue to create comforting quilts for Anglicare's Emergency Housing Project, with $1,000 provided by the Trust for materials.
The Gunning and District Historical Society aims to broaden the sharing of its stored local history with improved archival storage and records management at its History Research Centre. The Society will receive $1,000 in assistance.
Through a donation of $990 the Jervis Bay CWA Evening Branch will purchase a multi-media projector to enhance group presentations.
The Milton District CWA will construct a new boundary fence at its rooms with the assistance of $1,000 from the Trust.
Make-A-Wish Foundation Australia - Goulburn District Branch will receive a donation of $1,000 to continue its work in granting cherished wishes of local children with life-threatening illnesses.
The latest grants and donations are in addition to the $200,000 the Trust has provided in the past few months to local community organisations to assist with bushfire recovery across the region. Donations of $50,000 were made to Wildlife Rescue South Coast, Blazeaid, Ruralaid and WIRES, shared between four local WIRES branches in the Trust area.
A second funding round for 2020 will open later in the year with dates to be advised. For more information visit the Veolia Mulwaree Trust website at www.mulwareetrust.org.au or call the Goulburn office on (02) 4822 2786.
2019 Round 2 Funding Recipients
2019 Round 2 Funding Recipients Announced
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust will assist nineteen community groups from across the region with a wide range of projects by providing $306,693 in grant funding in its second funding round of 2019.
The successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust organisations presented with grants yesterday were:
Bungendore Park Tennis Club Inc received $9,554 for the installation of 'book-a-court' system to improve facility accessibility.
Tarago and District Progress Association Incorporated received $15,900 to purchase a new mower to maintain Tarago’s community spaces.
Sanctuary Point Community Pride Inc will undertake the installation of an all-abilities nest swing at Clifton Park with a grant of $11,000.
Southern Highlands Botanic Gardens Limited will develop a new picnic setting and shelter in the botanic gardens with $8,963 in funding.
Jervis Bay Marine Rescue NSW received a grant of $25,000 toward the purchase of new purpose-built marine rescue vessel.
Tarago and District Show Society Inc will develop a new catering and storage facility at the Tarago Showground with $30,883 in funding assistance.
St Peter and Paul's Primary School Goulburn received $14,164 to install much-needed heating in the school hall.
Stonequarry 355 Cemetery Committee Taralga will complete its unmarked historical graves project at the Stonequarry Cemetery with the assistance of $17,755.
Gunning and District Pony Club received $12,946 to install new fencing around dressage arena at Gunning Showground.
St Bede's Primary School Braidwood will undertake the refurbishment of the timber floor in its 102-year old school hall through a $19,930 grant.
Goulburn Motor Cycle Club will construct a new club house and canteen facility at the newly developed motocross park with funding assistance of $45,258.
Boro/Mt Fairy RFS Brigade received a grant of $10,680 to provide new water storage to strengthen firefighting resources.
Hill Top Community Centre will upgrade lighting within the sports stadium to energy efficient LEDs through its Lighting The Way project and received a $4,000 grant.
Tully Park Early Bird Golf Club Inc Goulburn will replace the course entry pathway and adjacent fence at the course to improve safety with its $9,053 in funding.
Waminda - South Coast Women’s Health & Welfare Aboriginal Corporation will receive $10,603 to purchase equipment to develop and maintain gardens and its ceremony space at Kareela Ngura.
Tarago Sporting Association Inc will provide a defibrillator unit at Tarago Recreation Area and received a $2,410 grant.
Goulburn Locomotive Roundhouse Preservation Society Inc will enclose its existing museum structure at Goulburn Rail Heritage Centre to display and preserve historical exhibits through its grant of $25,910.
Thirlmere Public School will develop an all-weather synthetic turf sporting facility for students and the community and received $20,000 in funding.
St Mary's Catholic Parish Bungendore will receive a grant of $12,685 to upgrade its parish hall for community use.
Congratulations to the latest successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust donation recipients:
Kiamma Creek Landcare - Support for celebration of Pat Cullen Reserve Waterside Walkway opening in Crookwell - $1,000
Crookwell Rural Fire Brigade - Purchase a new computer to assist administration of brigade - $1,000
Shoalhaven Community Mental Health Rehabilitation Service - Provide smoking cessation education and support program - $919
Southern Highlands Christian Community Centre - Supply free weekly lunch for the homeless and socially isolated - $1,000
Goulburn AP and H Society - Purchase signage for display at Goulburn Show - Event signage $1,000
Crookwell CWA Evening Branch - Purchase a computer to support branch administration - $1,000
Burraga Bushfire Brigade - Provide GPS and map tracking equipment to brigade vehicles - $1,000
Wingecarribee Food Services Co-operative Limited - Support meals on wheels volunteers with reimbursement of fuel costs - $1,000
Culburra Rural Fire Brigade - Purchase thermal imaging camera for fire truck - $998
Connect Christian Church - Provide sound and lighting to Moss Vale community Christmas carols - $1,000
Crookwell Services Women's Bowling Club - Purchase new bowling mats and jacks - $984
Warragamba Wombats Junior Rugby League Football Club - Assist in refurbishing the club house - $1,000
Goulburn Workers Small Bore Rifle Club Inc - Construct covered disabled access ramp and hand rail - $1,000
Crookwell CWA Day Branch - Purchase new crockery for functions and catering - $1,000
Oberon Men's Shed - Purchase and install new oven and cooktop - $1,000
Shoalhaven Pony Club Inc - Provide a covered area for shade - $1,000
Crookwell Historical Society - Purchase a digital projector and screen - $1,000
Shoalhaven Heads Community Forum - Undertake planting of new trees in village - $1,000
Yerrinbool Village Group Inc - Install outdoor table and seating at Yerrinbool Railway Garden - $1,000
Wingello Public School - Partnership with National Parks and Wildlife Service to develop bush tucker garden - $1,000
Celebrate Goulburn Inc - Purchase street banners and posters to promote community pride - $1,000
Southern Highlands Association of Women - Support #oneaday Cloth Nappy Project - $1,000
Braidwood Clean Energy Inc - Support to undertake Braidwood Energy Survey - $1,000
Gunning Focus, Arts Council and Community Group Inc - Purchase sound equipment for concerts and events - $760
The Disability Trust Goulburn - Purchase virtual reality system to provide clients with new experiences - $1,000
Regional Development Australia Southern Inland - Support Young Change Agents program for Goulburn and Crookwell high school students - $1,000
All Saints Community Care Incorporated - Purchase new outdoor furniture for client use - $1,000
Goulburn and Districts Arts and Crafts Inc - Purchase materials to assist in creation of care quilts for trauma victims - $1,000
Goulburn Community Health Service - Provide basic comfort items for children, young people and women escaping family violence - $1,000
Shoalhaven Heads Public School P&C Association - Establish a sensory garden with new native trees and pathway - $1,000
Tirranna Public School - Purchase two new shade cloths for playground - $1,000
Majors Creek Music Festival - Purchase bins to improve recycling, garbage, organics and return and earn waste separation at annual event - $1,000
Penrose Public School - Purchase furniture to allow for flexible learning options in classroom - $1,000
Gunning District Landcare - Caring for Endangered Southern Pygmy Perch program support - $1,000
Applications for round 1 of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s 2020 grant and donation program will open on 20 January 2020 with applications closing on 14 February 2020. Organisations interested in applying to the Veolia Mulwaree Trust for support for their community projects can apply via the website or phone the Trust office on 48222786 for further information.
For further information please contact the Veolia Mulwaree Trust office on 48222786 or [email protected]
2019 Round 1 Funding Recipients
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust has allocated $199,281 in grant funding to sixteen community groups from across the region in its first funding round of 2019.
In addition to the grants, 58 organisations shared in $56,333 through the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s donation program (small projects to a maximum of $1000) in the recent funding round.
The successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant recipients are:
- Southern Tablelands Athletics Club will purchase new high jump mats for young athletes with a grant of $7,119.
- Goulburn Golf Course Crown Land Manager will construct an additional 220 metres of pathways in two areas of the land reserve through funding of $27,240.
- SDN Children's Services Lady McKell Goulburn will purchase a new smartboard for its ‘Introducing Technology’ program with assistance of $5,639.
- Tarago & District Show Society Inc will construct a new secure weather proof storage and performance facility at the showground with a grant of $16,370.
- Bungendore Public School P&C Association received a grant of $9,640 to construct a new all-weather bus shelter and excursion meeting point at the school.
- Bannister District Hall Association Inc will continue the upgrade of its community hall with the installation of new disabled toilets and received a grant of $12,000 for its project.
- Collector Memorial Hall Inc will have new unisex disabled toilets constructed as part of the ‘Access for all at Collector Hall’ project and received $18,637 in funding.
- Taralga Public School received a grant of $22,426 to develop a new ‘active adventure area’ for its students.
- Crookwell/Taralga Aged Care Ltd will purchase and install new electric beds at its Sunset Lodge facility to improve care for aged residents with a grant of $25,867.
- Wingecarribee Landcare and Bushcare Network Inc will complete the final stage of the Mount Gibraltar Heritage Reserve Stone Stairway Repair Project through a grant of $14,000.
- Volunteering Wingecarribee Inc will train seniors in technology with the assistance of local teenagers through its innovative ‘Teeniors’ program and $2,850 in funding from the Trust.
- Exeter Tennis Club Inc received a grant of $5,920 to construct a new practice wall at its facility.
- Wollondilly Shire Council will construct a new memorial including picnic seating at Razorback Mountain to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Truck Blockade with funding of $7,249.
- Shoalhaven District Football Association will refurbish the old amenities block at the South Nowra fields into a new storeroom facility and received $15,950 in grant assistance.
- Supported Accommodation & Homelessness Services Shoalhaven Illawarra (SAHSSI) Incorporated received $1,864 for new beds and furniture items at its Nowra Women’s Refuge.
- Milton Ulladulla Dog Training Club Inc will undertake improvements to its dog training agility area and received $6,510 to assist with the works.
Congratulations to the latest successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust donation recipients:
- Taralga 200 Inc - Support for Taste of Taralga Festival - $1,000
- Interchange Shoalhaven - Purchase equipment for Flair Adult Day Program - $1,000
- Crookwell Potato Festival Committee - Support for Crookwell Potato Festival - $1,000
- Rotary Club of Goulburn - Support of Southern Tablelands Science & Engineering Challenge - $1,000
- Shoalhaven Readers’ and Writers’ Festival Inc – Purchase of location banners for event - $970
- Goulburn and District Meals on Wheels Inc - Support for Meals on Wheels volunteers - $1,000
- Callala Community Garden Inc - Provide garden tools for community garden - $1,000
- Goulburn Girl Guides - Upgrade kitchen at guide hall - $1,000
- Paws Pet Therapy - Support for program volunteers (Goulburn Mulwaree, Wingecarribee, Wollondilly, Shoalhaven) - $1,000
- Dalton Public Hall Reserve Trust - Purchase of new fridge/freezer for Dalton Public Hall - $1,000
- Grandparent and Family Foster Carers Inc (Goulburn) -Support for Grandparent and Kinship Carer Support Group -$1,000
- Crookwell Garden Festival - Purchase five gazebos for festival - $1,000
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Australia - Goulburn Branch - Assistance to grant cherished wishes of local children with life-threatening illness - $1,000
- Culburra Dolphins Rugby League Football Club - New playing jerseys to reflect Local Indigenous Culture - $1,000
- Unit Support Committee TS Shoalhaven - Purchase of outboard motor propeller guards for cadet unit inflatable boats - $1,000
- Escape Artfest (Shoalhaven) - Support for Escape Artfest 2019 - $1,000
- Cancer Council NSW Goulburn - Support of Goulburn Relay For Life 2019 - $1,000
- StoryFest Inc (Shoalhaven) - Support for StoryFest 2019 Festival - $1,000
- Lyrebird Preschool Kindergarten Nowra East Inc - Assistance for mindfulness and meditation program - $1,000
- Can Assist Goulburn and District - Support for patients with cancer and their families - $1,000
- Callala Junior Sailing School Inc - Contribution toward replacement of safety boat - $1,000
- North Nowra Cambewarra Cricket Club – Supply long sleeve sun smart shirts for junior players - $500
- Goulburn Cycle Club - Support renewal of traffic control requirements - $1,000
- Riversdale - National Trust of Australia (NSW) (Goulburn) - Purchase materials for heritage photographic collection and collection records archival project - $1,000
- The Oaks Public School - Support 21st Century Learning Program with coding and robotics equipment - $1,000
- Worrigee Equestrian Common (Nowra) - Purchase of equipment for grounds maintenance - $1,000
- Harper's Mansion Management Committee (Berrima) - Purchase of new kitchenette appliances - $1,000
- Southern Highlands Vietnam Veteran Peacekeepers and Peacemakers Inc - Development of the history of the Vietnam War Memorial, Cherry Tree Walk, Settlers Park, Bowral - $600
- Shoalhaven Clay Target Club Inc - Construct new shade shelters - $1,000
- Burraga Recreation Reserve (Oberon) - Resurface concrete slab at sports oval - $1,000
- Braidwood Domestic Violence Interagency Group - Undertake public awareness campaign - $1,000
- Oberon and District Museum Society - Renovation of toilet block - $750
- Bungendore Country Music Muster Inc - Support 2020 Bungendore Country Music Muster - $1,000
- U3A Goulburn Mulwaree Inc - Purchase new book kits for read and connect scheme - $1,000
- Cancer Council NSW Southern Highlands - Southern Highlands Relay for Life 2020 - $1,000
- Wildlife Rescue South Coast Inc (Nowra) - Monitoring of native animal release site - $825
- Mulwaree Arts Inc - Provide air conditioning at venue - $1,000
- Hill Top Community Association - Assistance for community expo - $1,000
- Marulan Region Chamber of Commerce Inc - Support of town tourism project - $1,000
- Braidwood Girl Guides - Support of girl guides and leaders - $1,000
- Black Springs Public School (Oberon) - Provide new painted games on concrete areas - $1,000
- Central West Speleological Society (Oberon) - Purchase equipment to assist in caves and karst data collection - $1,000
- Moss Vale Public School P&C Association - Development of area for table tennis - $1,000
- Cancer Council NSW Milton Ulladulla - Relay for Life Milton Ulladulla 2019 - $1,000
- Crookwell Soccer Club - Purchase junior team shirts - $1,000
- Upper Lachlan Shire Council - Refresh Crookwell and Gunning library's non-fiction collections - $1,000
- Cancer Council NSW Nowra - Relay for Life Nowra 2020 - $1,000
- Lake George Men's Shed Inc - upport for shed operations in 2019 - $800
- Oberon Arts Council - Support of art project at Oberon MPS - $900
- WHAM (Wingecarribee Health Association for Men) - Power Up Men's Health Month - $1,000
- Huskisson Jervis Bay Food Network Inc - Support for local festival - $1,000
- Moss Vale High School - Equipment for Moss Vale High School community music performances - $988
- Tarago Landcare Group - Stewart Street Reserve planting for Tarago Village - $1,000
- Gunning Community Care - Additional support equipment for community nursing - $1,000
- Goulburn and District Chamber of Commerce - Support of Goulburn Connect program - $1,000
- Friends of the Mongarlowe River (Braidwood) - Digitising 30 years of history for public access - $1,000
- Goulburn Lilac City Festival Inc - Purchase of tent, banners, signage and flags - $1,000
- Quota Club of Goulburn - Support of Goulburn Quota Cops and Kids Program - $1,000
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust is pleased to support these community organisations and wishes them all the best with the successful completion of their projects.
Applications for round 2 of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s 2019 grant and donation program will open on 3 July with applications closing on 28 August 2019. Organisations interested in applying to the Veolia Mulwaree Trust for support for their community projects can apply via https://mulwareetrust.smartygrants.com.au/ or phone the Trust office on 48222786 for further information.
2018 Round 2 Funding Recipients
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust congratulates the following organisations for their successful grant and donation applications in the latest round of Trust funding.
Twenty five community organisations will undertake a wide range of projects across the region after receiving assistance from the Veolia Mulwaree Trust. The nine successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant recipients are:
Robertson and District Rugby League Football Club for the installation of a new electronic scoreboard at Robertson Showground - $4,649
Endeavour Industries Goulburn will upgrade the dryers for their laundry service - $18,980
Budawang Special School will purchase an eyegaze device to support the ‘I can't talk but I can communicate’ project - $12,237
Oberon University of the Third Age will purchase a data projector and motorised multimedia screen - $2,000
Wingecarribee Adult Day Care Centres for the Carribee Centre Extension Appeal – kitchen project - $21,505
Community Management Committee of the Braidwood Old Anglican Hall to undertake essential improvements to Braidwood's Old Anglican Hall - $16,060
Crookwell Progress Association will complete the Crookwell Community Garden fencing project - $13,199
Tomerong School of Arts for the construction of a disabled toilet facility - $10,230
Tarago Preschool Association towards the upgrade of the playground surface with new softfall and synthetic grass -$22,871
The following 16 community organisations were successful in receiving donations (small projects to a maximum of $1000) in the latest funding round:
Canyonleigh Community Association - Beautification of village entrance - $1,000
Tarago CWA - Purchase audio visual equipment for the Tarago CWA rooms - $1,000
Windellama Progress Association - Support for Windellama Small Farms Field Day - $1,000
St Stephen’s Uniting Church Marulan - Assistance to upgrade hall toilets - $1,000
Kenmore Hospital Goulburn - Development of a sensory garden for dementia patients - $1,000
Marulan CWA - Improvements to Marulan CWA facilities - $1,000
St Aidan's Village Church Oberon - Maintenance of windows at heritage listed church - $1,000
Goulburn Community Garden - Upgrade of composting area facilities and new paved area - $1,000
Marine Rescue Ulladulla - Purchase of resuscitation equipment - $630
Burrawang Rural Fire Brigade - Purchase of automatic fire pole winch equipment - $1,000
St Michael's Primary School P&F Nowra - Purchase of marquees for school events - $1,000
Goulburn Crookwell Heritage Railway Inc - Purchase of specialist tools for track maintenance - $1,000
Goulburn Rodeo Club - Purchase of safety equipment - $1,000
Two Fires Festival of Arts and Activism Braidwood – Support for 2019 Two Fires Festival - $1,000
St Matthew’s Anglican Church Hall Dalton - Concrete access path to disabled amenities block - $1,000
The Oaks Community Chamber of Commerce - Support Light Up The Oaks Christmas festival - $1,000
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust is pleased to support the above organisations and wishes them all the best with the successful completion of their projects.
Applications for round 1 of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s 2019 grant and donation program will open on Wednesday 30 January 2019. Organisations interested in applying to the Veolia Mulwaree Trust for support for their community projects should visit the Trust’s website at www.mulwareetrust.org.au or phone the Trust office on 48222786 for further information.
2018 Round 1 Funding Recipients
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust congratulates the following organisations for their successful grant and donation applications in the latest round of Trust funding.
45 community organisations will undertake a wide range of projects across the region after receiving assistance from the Veolia Mulwaree Trust. The 21 successful Veolia Mulwaree Trust grant recipients are:
- Table Tennis Goulburn Incorporated to install a disabled toilet at sporting facility - $7,500
- Goulburn West Public School for installation of new primary playground equipment - $29,681
- Tarago Sporting Association Incorporated for the development of TSAI Memorial Park - $60,513
- Upper Lachlan Shire Council to construct new Clifton Park toilet block in Crookwell - $45,082
- Bigga Hall 355 Committee to assist with the Bigga Hall beautification project - $14,248
- Laggan Memorial Hall Trust for the Laggan Memorial Hall tea room and hall furnishing - $5,000
- Breadalbane Hall and Park Committee to construct the north patio at Breadalbane Hall - $7,855
- Nerriga Progress & Sporting Association Incorporated for the Nerriga Hall footpath project - $5,900
- Braidwood Showground 355 Committee to replace the main showground arena boundary fence - $9,496
- Bungendore Branch Country Women’s Association for the Hall upgrade and kitchen replacement - $7,823
- Moss Vale Pony Club to refurbish the arena and upgrade equipment - $15,990
- Exeter Village Association Incorporated for enhancement of the Exeter War Memorial - $3,850
- Milton Ulladulla Model Railway Club’s South Coast Railway History Museum construction project - $18,000
- Milton District Branch Country Women’s Association for heating and insulation of Milton CWA hall- $5,208
- Huskisson Community Centre for the construction of new internal storage cupboard- $3,200
- Milton Ulladulla Men’s Shed Incorporated to assist with the final stage of new shed construction- $29,736
- The Oaks Historical Society for the kitchenette upgrade project - $5,856
- St Marks Anglican Church Picton to assist with the Pioneer Cemetery restoration - $15,640
- Picton District Branch Country Women’s Association to assist with transport and signage - $2,489
- Tahmoor District Cricket Club’s new practice and playing facilities at Tahmoor Sports Ground - $30,725
- Jindelara Services Incorporated to purchase new equipment for Jindelara Cottage - $1,424
The following 34 community organisations were successful in receiving donations (small projects to a maximum of $1000) in the latest funding round:
- Crossroads Rural Fire Brigade purchase of high pressure cleaner $499
- Goulburn Workers Small Bore Rifle Club Inc upgrade of Small Bore Range - $1,000
- Lions Club of Crookwell Inc purchase a computer to assist in maintaining Club’s financial records - $1,000
- Shoalhaven Defence Families Association Incorporated assistance in operating Kookaburra Retreat - $1,000
- Nowra Albatross Vikings AFL Club purchase of equipment to make 2018 season female-friendly - $1,000
- Golden Oldies Animal Rescue provide veterinary care, transport and support to animal foster carers - $1,000
- Milton/Ulladulla Stamp Club update copy of world stamp catalogue - $670
- Goulburn District Beekeepers Club purchase equipment for public displays - $1,000
- South Coast United Mountain Bikers Incorporated new signage to improve safety at local trails - $1,000
- St Nick's Patchwork Group purchase materials to complete quilts for local charity - $1,000
- Yanderra Public School create games painted on the concrete for children to play and learn - $1,000
- Anglican Parish of Braidwood replace guttering at St Stephen's Church Major's Creek - $1,000
- Shoalhaven Netball Association assistance for teams attending the Netball State Championships - $1,000
- Monaro Archers – Bungendore purchase targets and maintenance equipment - $1,000
- Girl Guides Association NSW Bowral Trefoil Guild support for celebrations to mark 70th anniversary - $800
- Goulburn Soldiers Social Dance Club Inc Support for hall hire to allow group activities to continue -$1,000
- New Dalton Community & District Association commence rehabilitation of area in Dalton - $1,000
- Oberon Tarana Heritage Railway Inc refurbish the group's historic plough van - $1,000
- Friends of Hill Top War Memorials Inc supply new tables for the War Memorial Hall - $1,000
- Milton Pony Club clear western and eastern club boundary and renew external fencing - $1,000
- Southern Tablelands Athletics Club Inc buy equipment such as hurdles, shotput, javelin and discus -$1,000
- Tahmoor District Netball Club purchase enclosed trailer to store equipment -$1,000
- Bigga Public School P & C Association purchase new reader books for students - $1,000
- Peanuts Funny Farm Inc supply educational equipment about rural living and fire awareness -$1,000
- Wingello Village Association Incorporated purchase screening plants for Railway Parade Wingello - $1,000
- Shoalhaven Heads Public School P&C Association installation of irrigation and flooring in greenhouse - $690
- Shoalhaven Parkinson's Support Group-Nowra support ongoing costs of exercise programmes -$1,000
- Picton & District Historical and Family History Society purchase new equipment - $1,000
- Berrima District Pony Club update and repair show jumping equipment and cross country jumps -$1,000
- Shoalhaven Rowing Club develop safety awareness program for Club's towers and river users - $1,000
- Robertson Men's Shed Inc clear area of trees and shrubs to allow for the construction of men’s shed - $1,000
- Goulburn and District Arts and Crafts Inc support creative needles group to make quilts for charity - $1,000
- Gunning District Landcare purchase a single tyne ripper for preparing ground for native tree lines - $670
- Crookwell Christmas in the Park Committee support for Crookwell's annual Christmas event -$1,000
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust is pleased to support the above organisations and wishes them all the best with the successful completion of their projects.
Applications for round 2 of the Veolia Mulwaree Trust’s 2018 grant and donation program will open on Monday 2 July 2018. Organisations interested in applying to the Veolia Mulwaree Trust for support for their community projects should visit the Trust’s website at www.mulwareetrust.org.au or phone the Trust office on 48222786 for further information.